Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pit Windows
Are we supposed to be able to go to the pit and refuel, at least, when pit windows is closed (last 10 min)? I ve seen many doing it lately and im wondering how that works out, or maybe it's an issue with the server settings?
Otherwise why having "pit windows" if we can still go to the pit.
Yes you can pit outside of the window.

You need to pit at least once inside the pit window, and change tires or take on at least 1L of fuel.
That's what I thought. You can pit whenever and how many times you want, but one of those have to be inside the window.
Then it just makes it confusing as you have to pit way before the 50min mark anyway in these races with double fuel rate, so it doesn't change anything to have them on. Most people still try to go to the pit before the last ten minutes, for their second or even third pit stop. Usually the purpose of having windows closing like this is also having comprehensive race positions at some point, like say the one leading in the last 15 min isn't in fact Bob who hasn't pitted yet and will finish P8 in the end.
I think the confusion here relates to the pit windows being added at a very late stage in the development of AC. As it was they never coded in a way to actually prevent pitting outside of the window, but rather only checking if number of pit stops within window is >= number of required pitstops in server config, and if not then disqualification results.