Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More one hour series for Europe in next season
Yesterday I figured out that there is only two one hour races that are on normal housr and they are both on McLaren P1 (16/4 PM and 22/10 PM in +1 GMT Zone) but US have like 4 where they can participate on normal hour for them. P1 Euro, South America and America (15/ 3 PM, 18/ 6 PM and 21/9 PM for -6 GMT) and Simpit GT3 (20/ 8 PM -6 GMT). I'm asking for addition of more 1 hour series for Europe on normal hours (not like 2/3 AM ) because most people using SRS is from Europe.
I know, my statement is chaotic but I think that everyone will understand what I wanted to convey.
Well thats why the championships are called Euro, America, Asia, South America etc.. Big Grin because its for the people from there. I think that current schedule of races is ok
NEVER GIVE UP!
(01-24-2019, 04:33 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Well thats why the championships are called Euro, America, Asia, South America etc.. Big Grin because its for the people from there. I think that current schedule of races is ok

Not really because 90% of grids in races from these regions are European. Just look at the grids of last races from Asia, America and South America regions and look how many people are from "these" regions.

Also I'm not saying that there should be races only for Europeans but there should be more for them because they are biggest part of community.
Yes it is, but maybe those people are from EU, but right now they live abroad in those continents. It also depends who is working and when. But the EU primetime is 20-22:00 CET I would say
NEVER GIVE UP!
(01-24-2019, 07:56 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Yes it is, but maybe those people are from EU, but right now they live abroad in those continents. It also depends who is working and when. But the EU primetime is 20-22:00 CET I would say

Nope. Kacper is right. Ppl in the Asia races for example, are ppl who join the Eur races too, and of quite a few I know for a fact they live in their own country..
Prime time would probably be 20.00 - 22.00 CET, hence why he's asking for more 1hr races during Eur prime time
I like this format Smile there is 20mins daily series at 20CET and youtubers series at 21CET, 1hr races at 22CET, and if the 1hr series is not attractive, there was sometimes barely 23 people registered
NEVER GIVE UP!
And that's the problem. IMO P1 GTR is bad car for racing. Power of F1 but downforce and brakes of GT4. GT3, Cup cars like RS 01, 911 GT3 Cup or LMPs would be perfect for 1 hour races and these classes are attractive.
(02-01-2019, 01:49 PM)Kacper Smirnow Wrote:  And that's the problem. IMO P1 GTR is bad car for racing. Power of F1 but downforce and brakes of GT4. GT3, Cup cars like RS 01, 911 GT3 Cup or LMPs would be perfect for 1 hour races and these classes are attractive.

exactly this. gt3 or even the 90s DTM are way more drivable and raceable than the p1 (gtr or not).
or maybe even a series with road-cars (ferrari 458s3 anyone? or mx5-nd/cup) would be way more enjoyable for my taste!
I personally love the P1 GTR. It's a completely different animal. It takes a while to get used to, but once you're used to it the car is an absolute blast
GT4, GT3 etc. we get to see every month. As cool as they are, I like the diversity. A classic car every now and then and a beast like the P1 GTR.

I'm not a big fan of the 90s DTM, that's really just an Alfa cup.
I really didn't like the P1 GTR when i first tried it. I kept spinning out all the time but I checked my thrustmaster profile and had set it to 360 degree instead of the default 900 ( think i played race07 before and forgot to change it back) and once i put it back to 900 the car felt way better and i didnt spin out like i used too.

The biggest problem with this car isnt the power to downforce ratio but the really bad brakes. Because there is so much power and so little downforce the bad brakes force you to brake really early and people get caught out by it. The car completely throws out the braking points your have learned, which are usually not THAT different car to car but with this one it really forces you to relearn them.
I wonder if 20 min race or at least 40 min would have made it more popular. If people are struggling with the car they might not want to "waste" an hour trying to finish a lap but if its 20 min they might stick around and complete the race.

I think that if you want a lot of people joining you have to select easier cars to drive like gt, touring & lower formula cars, at least for the daily races.
Its a tricky balance to find with diversity and having popular cars to drive.