Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Ginetta GT3?
Granted it was a fixed setup race, I thought that car handled like crap. Understeer like crazy, and just could not get a good feel for what the front end wanted to do. Weird because I absolutely love Shaun's other Ginetta mods. 

What do you all think?
I liked it despite coming nearly last.

It's a different car to drive from the other mods and needs a different approach. It's very sensitive to throttle input and i found you have to be very patient. Also running with the traction control very low helped me (tc and abs 10)

I know it's rwd but try driving it how you would drive a fwd car.

Again i'm not particularly quick in this car but didn't have any problem with understeer (probably because i wasn't going fast enough lol)

ps. sounded mega in a pack of cars!
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
(01-18-2019, 12:42 AM)Alex Nelson Wrote:  Granted it was a fixed setup race, I thought that car handled like crap. Understeer like crazy, and just could not get a good feel for what the front end wanted to do. Weird because I absolutely love Shaun's other Ginetta mods. 

What do you all think?

I'm kind of thinking the same. I didn't think I had much understeer tbh, but I couldn't get a good feel with the front end either. Truth be told, it was my first time at this track, and I only had 20 minutes prior to the race to familiarize myself with it, so I just blamed it on that Wink
I was not tested to much that new car, because after 300m on track with car I was take ESC and uninstall mod. whay? I disapointed. not have left wheel drive. view in right corner is terrible. sound is strange on high giri.
GT4 I like how is setup work when is fixed, and when is open you can feel full of car. Shaun need make good default setup on GT3, and then fixed races can be great. and yes! if he made for GT4 with LWD and RWD, then we expect and in GT3.
Protip: if you really hate the side of the car you are on in the cockpit, use the view app and just... move the seat to the other side. No one has to know. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Hi Guys,

I am listening to everything you are saying. I am not sure about the understeer you mention, as I thought it was ok, has a good change of direction, has better traction that the other GT3 cars (as it should IRL). Saying that, I do love all your input, and this is still very much WIP (hence why it is at 0.7)

Its really good, getting it out there, and getting the opinion of lots of people, than just a few

Regards

Shaun
Honestly thought it felt like one of the better gt3 cars but im also not very good with gt3 in general so what do i know. My biggest issue with the ginetta is that the steering wheel is on the wrong side :p
(01-20-2019, 01:56 PM)Fredrik Söderstedt Wrote:  Honestly thought it felt like one of the better gt3 cars but im also not very good with gt3 in general so what do i know. My biggest issue with the ginetta is that the steering wheel is on the wrong side :p

Cheers mate.  I hear you on that one, but it is better to get 1 version complete, before we create another one, same as I did with the Supercup and GT4 version  Big Grin

Shaun
LHD version is being made as I type this Smile

Shaun
Shaun, saying the car handled like "crap" was probably being a little harsh. It was a tough track with a car I'm not 100% familiar with yet. I'm hoping that with further development on your end of the mod that we'll be able to make greater adjustments in the tuning spectrum.

However, I still sort of stand by what I said with the understeer, the front of the car just wanted to push for me. What traction control level are you guys using?