Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McLaren P1 GTR series
Not really my sort of car, normally I end up racing in the 1 hour series a few times each week but I have only done 1 race in this because Nordschleife.

If KERS and DRS was disabled I would have raced it way more I am sure, just turns me right off having to press buttons while driving.
(02-21-2019, 06:37 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Not really my sort of car, normally I end up racing in the 1 hour series a few times each week but I have only done 1 race in this because Nordschleife.

If KERS and DRS was disabled I would have raced it way more I am sure, just turns me right off having to press buttons while driving.

A little bit late now to tell you that but DRS in the P1 has very little effect (has someone tested how many tenths a lap it's worth? I'm curious) and KERS on "race" mode is automatic.
Laguna is tricky

Watkins Glen is really nice to drive. Just have to get it right going up the hill. Threading a needle comes to mind!

Best time to say at the end.
I found quite early on that DRS only really effected fuel economy. At Vallelunga i was quicker not using the DRS as you seem to get more traction.
Kers deploys in 3rd and above automatically. You can manually boost it the lower gears.
And if you have TC set to 1 you use more of the electric energy than fuel. TC set to 2 you use less electric and more fuel. TC set to 3 uses more fuel still but is the fastest in my opinion.
The electrical energy only gets deployed when you have the traction to use it.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
(02-21-2019, 09:50 AM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  Such a pity this series hasn't been more popular than it is/was. The car is a beast, an absolute joy to drive.  The 170% fuel consumption probably didn't help
I hope that we will see this car back again in a different format.

The consumption was actually the interesting thing for me... not a straightforward half an hour stints with tyre change and refuel... you could have used more tactics... two stopper or save fuel like hell and stop only once. In the last race it turned out to be really close between the two of us... In the penultimate corner of the race you were still in front of me but the finish was the other way around. 

I enjoyed this car a lot even tho I only had time to do the last two races.
I wonder what car the next endurance races will have
Next is Huracan ST.
(02-24-2019, 08:14 PM)Juraj Kuliska Wrote:  
(02-21-2019, 09:50 AM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  Such a pity this series hasn't been more popular than it is/was. The car is a beast, an absolute joy to drive.  The 170% fuel consumption probably didn't help
I hope that we will see this car back again in a different format.

The consumption was actually the interesting thing for me... not a straightforward half an hour stints with tyre change and refuel... you could have used more tactics... two stopper or save fuel like hell and stop only once. In the last race it turned out to be really close between the two of us... In the penultimate corner of the race you were still in front of me but the finish was the other way around. 

I enjoyed this car a lot even tho I only had time to do the last two races.
I wonder what car the next endurance races will have

Yeah man, I really enjoyed the tactical battle between the two of us. I ran out of gas 1 corner to the end, made it to the end on the MGUK. 
Truth be told, in the first stint I lost a lot of time bc I was in a 3-way battle (and I made waay too many mistakes) 
But when I ran with 2 stops, I was 17 seconds slower than my race one day later with one stop. HOwever, you seemed to have made the two stop almost work Wink
Hope to have these close battles with you again soon. I really enjoyed it

(02-21-2019, 06:37 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Not really my sort of car, normally I end up racing in the 1 hour series a few times each week but I have only done 1 race in this because Nordschleife.

If you pre-set the MGU-K on race, you don't have to press a single button for it.
As for DRS, I had a feeling it helped more reducing fuel consumption a bit, rather than it helped gaining speed. At laguna seca you can't even open your DRS for longer than, say, 3 seconds per lap, as it auto closes as soon as you slightly turn your steering wheel. Same goes with Nords. It'll only work at the backend straight and the start/finish straight (for fuel saving, not a higher top-speed)
As far as pressing buttons during a race: you don't adjust  your brake bias at all whilst racing?