Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McLaren P1 GTR series
i really wonder, why ther isnt some series, that is actually fun to drive. AC has tons of nice cars in a lot of real racing classes like: LMP1 ,GT3 . GTE. GT2. F1, GT4. these should be the series, that are available all the time.... instead they throw up some shit, nobody is really satisfied to drive with. like: lotus 25, ginetta g55 gt3, cobra.. only cups.... really? why? this could be so much more, with proper class races. you are not even able, to drive 2 seasons with the same car, how are you supposed to get better with one paticular car? if the srs devs read this, please add a proper gt3, lmp1 and gte series, with multiple cars.
I haven't run in this car yet, but from all the talk about pit strategy vs saving fuel makes it sound a lot more interesting than everone doing the same thing
(01-17-2019, 05:24 PM)Alexander Müller Wrote:  i really wonder, why ther isnt some series, that is actually fun to drive. AC has tons of nice cars in a lot of real racing classes like: LMP1 ,GT3 . GTE. GT2. F1, GT4.  these should be the series, that are available all the time.... instead they throw up some shit, nobody is really satisfied to drive with. like: lotus 25, ginetta g55 gt3, cobra.. only cups.... really? why? this could be so much more, with proper class races. you are not even able, to drive 2 seasons with the same car, how are you supposed to get better with one paticular car? if the srs devs read this, please add a proper gt3, lmp1 and gte series, with multiple cars.

Dude... I think the P1 is an absolute blast to drive. 
You're right, AC has tons to offer. Hence why after a season of 6 weeks everything changes. about 6 weeks ago there was a GT3 championship, with multiple cars. The BMW seemed to be the best car in that championship by far. Result? You only saw ppl racing the Ferrari GT3 or the BMW. 

There are so many people here, with so many opinions. SRS can't satisfy everyone, but they try by be as diverse as possible. And if you want to get better with one particular car, practise...
(01-17-2019, 05:24 PM)Alexander Müller Wrote:  i really wonder, why ther isnt some series, that is actually fun to drive. AC has tons of nice cars in a lot of real racing classes like: LMP1 ,GT3 . GTE. GT2. F1, GT4.  these should be the series, that are available all the time.... instead they throw up some shit, nobody is really satisfied to drive with. like: lotus 25, ginetta g55 gt3, cobra.. only cups.... really? why? this could be so much more, with proper class races. you are not even able, to drive 2 seasons with the same car, how are you supposed to get better with one paticular car? if the srs devs read this, please add a proper gt3, lmp1 and gte series, with multiple cars.

First of all, nobody is forcing you to drive these cars. A lot of people actualy like these cars yet you say nobody likes it, but you actualy mean just you. The fact that we drive different cars every 6 weeks is in my opinion very good because else it would get very repetitive. It sounds like you're describing iRacing races, where all everybody does is LMP1 and GT3 series week in week out. So why don't you go over there, they have a sale now for new subscribers. 

tl;dr: quit your jibberjabber, FOOL.
Having mostly different cars every 6 weeks also means there's all new canvases to paint liveries on. If it were always GT3s and whatevers every season I wouldn't have anything new to paint!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Jay it is brilliant tortoise and hare type racing. Today at Laguna was a prime example. I had a good start from second but droped about 35 seconds due to silly mistakes. But knew I could do 1 stop so kept at it. With 3 laps to go I was back up to 3rd. And second to last lap leader had to pit and I took the win.
I love how it gives more people the chance to win. I don't always have out right pace but I can drive to a pace and know which battles to fight.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
I'm still on the fence on what strategy works best. Last night I found some time by playing around with the TC. Decided to go for a 2 stopper again.
I was lapping little over a second quicker than the guy in 2nd and when my 2nd stop was due I had roughly 22 seconds on him. Not enough at all to fuel and change tyres and still keep the lead. Decided not to change tyres but then lost all pace. I did make a mistake refuelling, I got 30l too much fuel. So my stop was way too long and I was too heavy. But it still wouldn't have been enough I think
You can do whatever you want you will always loose to that strategy, maybe the guy can get unlucky a few times in the traffic or you do wr laps for an hour in a row, im not even sure that would work since that's even higher fuel usage. Participation is not that great, yet once people realize they are forced to adopt this strategy, it will drop further. Shame because the driving experience of this car is mental on some tracks.

In 24h races it makes sense where you naturally choose consistency over speed, but in 1h races this is the level zero of racing. That's why refueling was banned in F1, they could always try to be a little too smart with the fuel and win races solely on that.
Well goodbye to this series for me. Participation is so low on the Asia server that theres only 1 server... the experience, well, I would call it a total hell's shitshow, I wouldnt try again even if i was paid for it. Lapping cars at lap 2 or 3 lmao, then lapped cars fighting and forcing me off track (wtf) and deciding the race lol. Then after I dont know, lapping 80 cars?, I rubbed a car and he told me i was reported (and other things but whatever)... honestly, my bad, but if you see my race... I think I should have retired and do other things, now I'm getting a ban on top of the bad experience.

The sad thing is that I find the car really really fun, but anyway the fuel saving thing is not for me, at least in a 1 hour race.
Just to prove this lame fuel economy is unbeatable (and maybe so some taste their own medicine..)

http://www.simracingsystem.com/raceresul...VIfY1dQ%3D

45s ahead of the finish time in the Asia championship, while literally cruising and even saving too much to finish the race (i almost blacked out with boredom), while i was doing 1:20 something in quali.

The bottom line is this series will be dead if fuel consumption isn't changed, in my opinion. There at still some options with tyres, general racecraft, when to pit etc..but the tiny tank makes it too unbalanced, there s no multiple strategies you can have, there s just one unfortunately.