Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rating system on unofficial races - bug or a system characteristic???
Guys,
this week I raced a race in Cadwell Park that had only four cars on the grid, which made this race unofficial.... When the race started, I had something around 861.000 rating points... When the race finished, I looked to my points and I saw it was around 867.000 points...

Yesterday, in order to verify this, again there was a race in Cadwell Park with only five cars, and I noted the rating points of a certain driver (I didn't race that race)... And, after the race, his rating had a 10.000 points grow!!!!

In my actual rating situation, I believe I have to win around 18 races to gain this point amout, and it must be 18 in a row, which is basically impossible to happen, even for the greatest drivers we have on SRS...

I suppose this is an issue with the score system... Does anyone ever noticed that??? Does anyone knows if this is really an issue or a characteristic of the rating system??? Because, if this is how the system works, I think this is a big flaw, one that can make this rating system rate nothing 100% proper...

Cheers,
Bruno
But for some guys its easier to gain 10pts than for you, it all depends how many pts they already have and how much is their incident average as well. I get for a win less than 0.2 points now when I have no incidents in the race, other drivers get different amount, all depending on other stats they have and on the formula which we will never know
TPC SimRacing Team Driver

NEVER GIVE UP!
I did a few unofficial races a while back but I stopped when I realized it was costing me a fraction of a rating point every time. This was when I was starting out, and it happened even if I had a strong finish in the race.

It sounds to me like there's a problem with the way it counts rating points now.
(01-13-2019, 04:07 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  But for some guys its easier to gain 10pts than for you, it all depends how many pts they already have and how much is their incident average as well. I get for a win less than 0.2 points now when I have no incidents in the race, other drivers get different amount, all depending on other stats they have and on the formula which we will never know

True, but for someone with well over 200+ races and a ranking over 800, it seems impossible in normal races to gain 6 points in 1 race. I have quite a few races done, and my rating is around 540. In full servers, I can win a race with no contact points and my ranking won't increase by more than 1.
Well thats how the formula works, its all based on your average finish position and on incident average especially I guess. I am also getting only 0.2 per win because my incident average is over 1.1, if it would be lower, I guess I would be nr.1 in the ranking, but thats impossible for me because of the inc average Smile

NEVER GIVE UP!
For your information, this driver I saw gaining 10.000 points on this unofficial race started the race with around 712.000 points... I know it's usual to gain more points per victory when your score is lower... But above 700.000, I guess it starts to become harder to gain more than 1.000 per race without incidents... And in my case, I own almost 7.000 points, in a unofficial race loaded with incidents, when I barely win 0.600 for a victory without any incident...

IMO, there's a big issue on these high rating gain in unofficial races...

Cheers, 
Bruno
Hm, well, there has to be an issue, like you say. Shame that I didnt enter a race like that, I could be first already Big Grin

NEVER GIVE UP!
I remember when i checked last week Bruno, jumping from 20th to 15th or so in the global standing, it was surprising but i thought well you must have had a lot of wins lately. I ve noticed also some strange things, i know i get about 0.7 per win with no inc at this point, yet sometimes it has been 1 point and sometimes closer to 0.5 and i don't really understand why, just nothing close to a 10 points increase (that would be real nice!)
(01-13-2019, 07:20 PM)James Blint Wrote:  I ve noticed also some strange things, i know i get about 0.7 per win with no inc at this point, yet sometimes it has been 1 point and sometimes closer to 0.5 and i don't really understand why, just nothing close to a 10 points increase (that would be real nice!)
I believe SRS uses rating system similar to iRacing's, which is based on Elo rating system, where a rating gain depends on ratings of drivers you finish in front of. Top comment here describes this really well - https://www.reddit.com/r/iRacing/comment...planation/

I seem to have read something about this on SRS forums/regulations, but unfortunately I can't find it now...
(01-13-2019, 07:52 PM)Roman Yakubovich Wrote:  
(01-13-2019, 07:20 PM)James Blint Wrote:  I ve noticed also some strange things, i know i get about 0.7 per win with no inc at this point, yet sometimes it has been 1 point and sometimes closer to 0.5 and i don't really understand why, just nothing close to a 10 points increase (that would be real nice!)
I believe SRS uses rating system similar to iRacing's, which is based on Elo rating system, where a rating gain depends on ratings of drivers you finish in front. Top comment here describes this really well - https://www.reddit.com/r/iRacing/comment...planation/

I seem to have read something about this on SRS forums/regulations, but unfortunately I can't find it now...

This has been discussed before and everybody came to the conclusion, there was no SOF effect on SRS rating, and i ve never noticed any since i joined. Only this month, but maybe i didn't remember exactly the rating before or some results have been delayed and calculation came in for 2 races. Bruno's example is still strange, as you usually rather loose rating by participating into these smaller fields races, only incidents count, you don't get points for them, yet it counts as one more race.