Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My SRS videos
Hi guys,
I've started streaming my races recently. If someone's interested, here is the latest Tatuus race at Silverstone with currently the fastest lap in the charts @ 9:10 

Well done, man. Really smooth, no wonder you're so fast. I've subscribed and I hope I'll learn a lot Tongue .
(01-12-2019, 01:51 PM)Roman Yakubovich Wrote:  Hi guys,
with currently the fastest lap in the charts @ 9:10 
With nicely exceeding the track limits 3 times per lap Big Grin especially at 10:53. Just saying, I did the same, but not that much Big Grin
NEVER GIVE UP!
(01-12-2019, 05:45 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  With nicely exceeding the track limits 3 times per lap Big Grin especially at 10:53. Just saying, I did the same, but not that much Big Grin
Yeah, I was a bit too greedy on the throttle after slightly missing that apex, but the margin to my previous PB was so big that I couldn't blow it Big Grin

Actually, I prepared for the discussion about track limits, to say that there is only one place (and it is Stowe exit) here where it is possible to gain a tiny bit of time (and I did gain only few hundreds, even less than I lost at Copse), that everywhere else it is either a time loss because of more resisting tarmac and astro (i.e. at Copse) or a big risk (i.e. at Luffield exit, as you can see in my mirror on the 1st lap with Dominic)... But now I opened regulations page and noticed that paragraph about exceeding track limits is no more there.

I believe this means one of two:
- SRS team has decided to put complete responsibility for cutting penalties onto the game;
- they've just forgot to put that paragraph back after some rewrite (but I can't see any leads to some major rules rewrite there).

If it's the first, then everything is pretty simple - you have to keep at least two wheels on the on-track tarmac, kerbs or something painted green (astro, tarmac or smth else - this is well illustrated at Red Bull Ring). Which I did Big Grin
Yeah well the track limits made by Kunos are most of the time really forgiving
NEVER GIVE UP!
It's not so much that you not win time by running wide but more that you don't realy lose any. I see people doing it lap after lap and you get the feeling they aren't even trying to keep it on. I drove the audi TT cup on catelunya yesterday and got a 10 second penalty for running wide a tiny bit. It's a tough balancing act.
(01-12-2019, 10:22 PM)Kris Gaastra Wrote:  It's not so much that you not win time by running wide but more that you don't realy lose any. I see people doing it lap after lap and  you get the feeling they aren't even trying to keep it on. I drove the audi TT cup on catelunya yesterday and got a 10 second penalty for running wide a tiny bit. It's a tough balancing act.
Considering Copse, wider you go offtrack more time you lose. To be honest I don't know why AC devs didn't do so everywhere so that there is no need in stupid cut penalties. They did it in Copse but it seems they didn't do it in Stowe - you can run even over astro and don't lose any time.

Talking about Barcelona - no idea why they didn't do that on the outside of T3 and the chicane (T-whatever). In a recent race on Lotus Exos I had to recover from the back after start pile-up, got in the slipstream/opened up too early in T3 and ended up off the track, got 10 secs / 35 kph penalty after losing big time by going there -> lost track positions -> "earned" valuable extra incident points while serving penalty and repassing guys -> lost championship. Damage is not wild, but it seems this could be fixed easily, that's what makes it look stupid in my eyes.

Overall - yes, it is a tough balancing act. You should know some tricks about where you gain time by going wide and where you lose time.
My onboard from today's race on RS01 at Road America

I had only 15 mins of practice with no previous experience with this car, ran with pretty much default setup, so from educational point of view it's not perfect, although the race was quite tense for me Smile

My onboard from today's race on Porsche 911 GT3 Cup at Silverstone GP

Now this will be very educational to watch. Thanks!

Also always wanted to ask: what wheel and pedals do you have?