Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: vintage series: '90s DTM
I'd like to see some "vintage" series in SRS.
'60s F1 or '70s F1 would be interesting, but very challenging.
I guess a very few drivers would actually care.

On the contrary i think a '90s mixed cars DTM series would be interesting: Bmw E30 DTM, Mercedes 190, Alfa 155 are actually a good roster. I think these cars are easy enough to approach for many drivers, while still being quite challenging.
We used the DTMS on the first tests, they were indeed popular, old F1's? the lotus 25 showed us that users don't care much for historic F1
(09-27-2016, 06:42 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  We used the DTMS on the first tests, they were indeed popular, old F1's? the lotus 25 showed us that users don't care much for historic F1

I like the Lotus, but it´s special and needs better toe-setup to control it and even with Big Grin . The Lotus 49 is a bit better in handling and great fun like on Monza Historic. 

The two 70´s F1 have a nice default setup and are pretty close to a GT3, from the breaking points and speeds, but probably not that popular on a long run. Just for weekend-occasions is my suggestion. And what´s with the two new F1-Ferraris? I suck at it from the pace, but fun to drive and you can´t learn enough. LaFerrari vs. P1 i would suggest as well. They are very even from the pace and the Pagani Zonda R is close too. Some new or vintage Supercar-races could be fun as well. They don´t need to be evenly fast (with ballast they could), but running one cup class and three mixed ones seems IMO better than the opposite and when you get bored from one car or just suck, you can switch and blame it on the car.

But reduce the damage a bit, at least for endurance and open wheelers. Racedepartment is running their 90 min. races with only 20% damage in AC. A bit to low, if you ask me, but maybe not that frustrating for others Wink
(09-27-2016, 06:42 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  We used the DTMS on the first tests, they were indeed popular, old F1's? the lotus 25 showed us that users don't care much for historic F1

So let's experiment again with DTM ? 
If so i'm in Smile

(09-27-2016, 10:04 PM)Leynad Jee Wrote:  But reduce the damage a bit, at least for endurance and open wheelers. Racedepartment is running their 90 min. races with only 20% damage in AC. A bit to low, if you ask me, but maybe not that frustrating for others Wink

Leynad has a point here and i'd say the suggestion would be still valid for anything having sophisticated aero (e.g. GT3 ).
Just did a race with this Oreca in the IER USCC Car Pack and this cars are all/both totally awesome. We really need more cars and the Oreca is very easy to drive, but like four seconds faster than the GT3 around Imola. The physics of this car is just amazing and the FFB orgasm, more like AMS. When the tires gets "warm" from the core after a few laps (they never get really warm and real racing teams have this problem too), you can push it so much, never spins, but breaking is tricky and most fun. Should be the best replacement for the Dallara IMHO.
PS: AI at Imola was doing at 90 a great job.
This weekend we are already testing several multiple series, the next season will bring more stuff
Just my 2 cents: IMO not enough subscribers for two races at once. And KTM again? Was a great car before one update killed it for me. Lotus 2 Eleven or 240R stage 3 is way better and many more cars. Zonda R at Spa a nice one for me and hope it gets populated enough this week. The Audi is to slow for my taste like the Mazda and i´m not interested.

Difficult to say what could be more popular, cars are really personal preference, but there´s one fact: people like Nordschleife, Spa, Mugello, Monza, Vallelunga, Nürburgring, Zandfoort, Brands Hatch, Barcelona and Silverstone about in this order. Running Nordschleife/VLN daily is my suggestion, because even with 1k laps you can´t master this track and doing a few laps with few racers is always okay. The track is the challenging part, not the competition.Should be a daily one with different cars every week and for me: never under 500 hp, but i would subsribe even with 300 hp or less just to take a different approach.
the series chosen for this weekend and their schedule is for testing purposes only Wink