Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tatuus Series
Is it just me or is this series super 50-50 in terms of race Quality?
I seem to either have a really quick, clean close race with people, or I just get taken out by people who seemingly have no intentions of driving properly at all. I don't get it, it feels like a gamble even signing up for these races recently, which sucks because I really enjoy the cars and for the most part the tracks too :/
Following my terrible experiences with this series at Monza I made myself a rule not to race people. It's not always easy to do but if someone challenges me I let them go and don't challenge back. Lots of people spin out anyways. Tonight I broke that rule and had my best close racing ever.

So I guess yeah.
like ysterday 23:00 CET, i Qualified 17th, at start wait, many crashes and spins then in fights i let by because they tryed on worst places (tight corners or hard T1) so i slowed and make them small gap and i finish 8th close to 7th and 6th but with zero incidents, so vulture tactics pays off here
The Tatuus series is one of the best. I am afraid that the first curves of the circuits that have played this season does not favor cleaning
Agreed, T1 tends to be the hotspot for crashes and stupid dive bombs, for me though I tend to end up getting hit mid way through the race, I've had 2 podium finishes taken away from me in the past 2 days by people not being able to get by me cleanly so just pushing me out of the instead :/ That being said, if you manage to survive T1 and the person your racing actually does do so cleanly it can be a ridiculously fun and close racing series. It really is a gamble as to what you are going to get each race, shame it isn't slightly more consistant.
Tatuus seems to attract inexperienced drivers. Maybe because it's a relatively easy to drive, non-DLC open seater with aero, so people drive it a bit alone or with AI, think hey I can be an F1 driver easily, and then fail when driving with real people.

Then Monza attracts people because it's a famous circuit. Combine it with a difficult T1 (sharp turn after a longer straight, i.e. hard braking zone plus a turn hard to judge without VR) and it is a recipe for disaster most of the times. Same with Spa: famous, sharp T1 with hard braking zone. Note on these circuits, especially at Spa, stupid stuff often happens in L1/T1 also in professional real racing,

But it's not just Spa, Monza and T1. Last time I raced in Tatuus it was at Brands Hatch, the pack went through T1 and T2 without major problems but then there was a huge pileup on exit of Graham Hill Bend.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
I had three races so far and all of them were perfect with good fights and and safe track rejoins.. I always raced when participation was high though so all the "bad" drivers might have been on the lower servers.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I just joined SRS mainly for the Tatuus races. Did 3 of them so far and loved the clean driving I've seen! This is soooooo much better compared to the open lobby's.
Metal, music and driving At youtube.com/jordotto
www.jordotto.com
I did two Tatuus/Donington races today.

The first one was pretty bad, though T1 went smoothly there was a major pileup later on L1 and then I was hit again.

The next one was far better, a couple of people lost it in L1 (or later) but without incidents involving more than 2 cars, maybe 3 - as far as I can tell I think.

I was hit once by a driver whom I just passed (due to him cutting the esses in the middle of a fight with yet another guy). I only lost one position, so not a huge deal. But he is getting reported because he had me clearly in his sight and just t-boned me.  

Then it was all clean and nice, congrats to Mr. German Gonzales who patiently kept pressure on me for several laps, until I looked at him in the mirror a tad too long, missed my braking point, and he passed me. Later I re-passed him when he spun out on the exit from the hairpin, maybe under pressure from me this time :-)
Guys, again. If you are exiting the hairpin and there is someone in front of you on the outside, you need to respect their space! I was bumped and spun there for the second time in last four races. This time a few positions lost immediately and more in two next corners because the car did not drive right and it took me a moment to adjust.