Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RUF CTR Yellow Bird
(01-07-2019, 02:46 PM)Simon Merritt Wrote:  I would just thank to thank everyone that  has raced within this series it has been immensely fun, with some really respectful and clean racing despite it being a hugely challenging car to drive. Today I won around Cadwellpark,securing the series win. This is my first overall series win within SRS so really chuffed. Thanks SRS and all who raced making this such a fun series to be part of.

Grats, well done.
Thanks all. Alex I reckon you probably would have given me a run for my money along with a few others who where really quick. My Mrs see to the restriction in the number of races I do. No self control required lol
Congrats Simon!

You made me realize how good and fair all the drivers were in all my races, even backmarkers. Maybe because the car is hard to drive it doesn't attract the 'fly-by-night' crowd who just want a quick jolly after a few beers LOL.

I'm still afraid to death of the car in every corner, the challenge for me was always to stay alive rather than find the limit everywhere. A different kind of fun, I guess. Dunno how you guys managed to stay so fast and safe all the time, a championship well earned for sure.
(01-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Bruno Fabiano Wrote:  This last track, Cadwell Park, is a shame... Really a bad conversion or construction, with some absurd bumps and other issues....
Interesting you say that. I absolutely love Cadwell Park. It is unique in more than one way and brings so many new challenges than the 'standard' tracks we always get to see.
I too really enjoyed Cadwellpark, being a British track I have never raced previously really liked it. I can't say the same thing about Riverside there is a weird shadow/light issue on the first tight right hand bend which really needs rectifying.
Well done Simon, although in my opinion Alex was the true champion as he took on and beat everyone who took part, even norbert who was in another league on some tracks.

I personally love the mod tracks, some of them have their flaws but I'd rather race on them than racing the same tracks I've been racing for years. I played gt5 and so am sick to death of nurburgring, spa etc. I will say I thought most of the tracks in this season didn't really suit the car. I think the mods here do a great job in trying to keep everyone happy and by the way Bruno I have driven round cadwell in real life and the mod is pretty accurate, go watch some footage of it on you tube, it is an amazing track but more suited to slower cars.
(01-09-2019, 12:42 PM)Gavin Ranson Wrote:  ...I personally love the mod tracks, some of them have their flaws but I'd rather race on them than racing the same tracks I've been racing for years...
I agree (although I haven't been racing for years...yet...).
I thought the tracks were progressively more difficult which gave a chance to learn handling the car. Cadwell was probably the trickiest of the bunch, for me at least.

How about this car at the Eboladrome (The Grand Tour)? It has a stretch of two-way traffic that could bring some real head-on excitement. Rolleyes
Yer Alex was seriously quick. But beat him on numerous occasions along with everybody else's with the exception of Norbert only encountered him the once. He had serious pace and I was unable to beat him. But beat the likes of Laszlo Naggy who is the number one so I'm happy with my efforts.