Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Assetto Corsa] Has this happened to you?
Question 
So I joined the GT3 Race using Content manager as usual. This time however the car was feeling a little different, turning a little too much, making the front wheels overheat and degrade quickly (in case you're wondering, yes, quickly even for 170% tire wear settings), and even compromising my car handling. I began to pay attention to the in-game steering wheel and seems like the input linearity was screwed up, I wasn't even turning 180 degrees when the wheel in the sim was totally turning. After the race I checked my settings and everything seemed fine, even i practice mode it was looking good. 
Car selection in single player mode was the only different thing, I had a F1 car selected, so it may be that the degree locking was the one of the car Selected in single player mode instead of the one I was using to race at SRS. Is this a CM bug? I haven't really noticed until my last race.
(12-01-2018, 04:43 AM)David Beltrán Wrote:  So I joined the GT3 Race using Content manager as usual. This time however the car was feeling a little different, turning a little too much, making the front wheels overheat and degrade quickly (in case you're wondering, yes, quickly even for 170% tire wear settings), and even compromising my car handling. I began to pay attention to the in-game steering wheel and seems like the input linearity was screwed up, I wasn't even turning 180 degrees when the wheel in the sim was totally turning. After the race I checked my settings and everything seemed fine, even i practice mode it was looking good. 
Car selection in single player mode was the only different thing, I had a F1 car selected, so it may be that the degree locking was the one of the car Selected in single player mode instead of the one I was using to race at SRS. Is this a CM bug? I haven't really noticed until my last race.

Are you using the hardware lock? I use good ole g27 and without that set up any car less than 900 degrees was fine but cars with more like 1080 really got hard to control.
(12-01-2018, 01:29 PM)Ben Burd Wrote:  Are you using the hardware lock? I use good ole g27 and without that set up any car less than 900 degrees was fine but cars with more like 1080 really got hard to control.

Yes, I forgot to mention that, I have a G29 and so far I had no problem letting Logitech Gaming Software take control, so far it's the first time that happened to me.
Soft lock is enabled or disabled?
I noticed the game wheel was not turning like the real one, it was loosing few degrees, I enabled the soft lock and now it's all ok with every car. I use a g29 but i don't use Content Manager to race on SRS.

To enable soft lock open assettocorsa.ini and when you find Soft Lock set it on 1 instead of 0. maybe it could help you