Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Canada
Hi Folks.
Complete noob sim racer here, still actually waiting for the pedals in the mail. 
Got turned into SRS from the Simpit and thought I'd give it a try (don't worry I won't be joining races for quite a  while as I learn). 
Going to be online around midnight UTC on weeknights. 
Any tips for a new guy would be appreciated.
Hello, If I can offer any advice I would suggest correctly setting up field of view and your wheel settings, makes a huge difference!
This tutorial helped me out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpzt6AJ7L-Y&t=765s
Welcome Kyle!
Just practice, practice, practice!
Welcome.

You have the right idea about learning before joining races. Sometimes people join with zero car control and mess up other people's races.

Once you're ready to race, focus on staying incident free for the first 20 races or so to boost your rating. Incidents count for a lot at the start. To help avoid other cars I highly recommend the Helicorsa app that gives you a bird's-eye view of the cars beside and behind you.
(11-26-2018, 06:33 PM)Martin Smith Wrote:  Welcome.

You have the right idea about learning before joining races. Sometimes people join with zero car control and mess up other people's races.

Once you're ready to race, focus on staying incident free for the first 20 races or so to boost your rating. Incidents count for a lot at the start. To help avoid other cars I highly recommend the Helicorsa app that gives you a bird's-eye view of the cars beside and behind you.

Thanks for the Helicorsa tip, that's something that I'm sure will be useful.  And yes, no point in joining races if I'm just going to wreck out on the first turn.  I need to learn the tracks and get comfortable before I attempt any live races.  As of right now I'm learning the wheel a bit using the wheel buttons as gas/brake while I wait for my pedals.