Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing with Samsung Odyssey
Simon, would you mind posting your video settings in AC? I am trying to fine-tune mine and using someone else's as a starting point would help.

Two main issues I am having now:
- small high-contrast features, like spots of light on the track in the distance sometimes are displayed in a way that tricks my brain to think they are very close to my face. Pretty annoying.
- FPS is lower than I would like, usually between 45 and 60. Maybe I'should reduce some settings but I expected more with a GTX 1080. Some of the GPU power is wasted on displaying the race on the monitor as well, is there a way to avoid that?

Other than those, I am really happy I got that headset. Granted, headset resolution is annoyingly crappy even with Odyssey+. But the stereoscopic vision helps so much with judging distances. The field of view is fantastic, and augmented by head turning. Finally I can see apexes in places such as Busstop chicane at Spa. with a monitor I could only guess/imagine where they were. Another thing that is much better than with a monitor is perception of the car starting to go sideways. I have always thought that without actual G-forces my brain will never get it right, but VR helps a lot, I guess thanks to peripheral vision.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

Messages In This Thread
Racing with Samsung Odyssey - by Pawel Kusmierek - 11-16-2018, 04:52 AM
RE: Racing with Samsung Odyssey - by Pawel Kusmierek - 12-02-2018, 01:41 AM