Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT3 Series min. rating
Hi racers,
unfortunately i noticed this GT3 season some things that go wrong. Last years winter GT3 season was much better.

There are big time differences in quali and race speed (even in top split). I had several situations people braking that early that the're is only hit their rear or dive into and hope the other takes a look into his mirror and gives room to avoid a collision.

The other thing is, that there're racing people with no or less experience and respect! Accidents happen, yes it's racing but the way they happen is decisive. In a fair battle it might happen that you touch each other, but not on purpose or on excessively optimism.

Many people don't know mirrors, if it's in quali on their out or inlap, in a battle during the race or when they've got a blue flag. It's not rarity that lapped people try to fight with the leading group and produce incidents - remember the other racer also get's one.

Also if you have a cut penalty don't stop on the racing line! Angry

I could film many minutes different situations that would have been penalized in real life.

I think there should be a minimum rating (500 or 600) in GT3 series!
www.youtube.com/user/TobiX09
http://tobix09.blogspot.com/

If you want to complain about a situation fill the protest form.
I kind of agree with you, but when you look at the average rating for this particular race (9.11. EU GT3 Spa), it would mean that 500 min. rating wouldn't really help at all and with 600 min. rating there would be under 10 drivers on the server.

IMO rating limits don't work with daily races. Only when there is a limited number of races in a week like a weekend series.
(11-09-2018, 11:46 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  If you want to complain about a situation fill the protest form.

Already did.

I don't want to blame someone in this post (that's why i don't show names, in protest i did).

That not every one is on top ist normal, i don't expect it, but the gap between first and last in quali or race should be a little bit closer.

It's a general problem in my opinion, that there are too many people think "ah yeah let's race GT3, i got did some races in several classes before, no problem GT3 is nice, i want do race" but they don't know how to behave on a race track.
They don't know racing lines, their cars (advantages and disadvantages), blue flags, mirrors and so on.

I don't expect, that every one opens a door for the car behind to get passed, it should be not easy to pass for sure, but if someone is clearly faster than you, than you might give a little bit of respect and don't brake test him or pull in front of his car while overtanking.
Best example was pushing me into the pit wall down la source in spa, when i already was next to him.

For sure it's racing, yes, but there always should be a bit of respect to avoid accidents and incidents. I'm also not immune of having an accident, doing a mistake etc. but i always try to do as less incidents as possible, because ruining someones race feels really uncomfortable. It's not always manageable to do no contact, but most times it is. It's a difference of 3 cars wide and maybe having a slightly contact and a optimistic divebomb from P10+ to P3 or sth like this. 1 hour race is mostly not decided in first corner.. well it is when you get kicked out there....

I did many or most of my races on the nordschleife, 20h, 4h, 2h 1h and so on and i had many nice but hard battles without car or wall contact, even down to last chicane "Hohenrain" with 280 kph 2 cars next to each other but in the end someone has to give room, that's respect - on the nordschleife is no room for error.

It feels like most are on an ego trip and don't care about incidents.

If it stays like this maybe i will avoid races here - better use public servers then :Big Grin

I just want to have nice, hard races with fights and a little bit of strategy but they should be especially fair and with focus on don't give someone incidents.
www.youtube.com/user/TobiX09
http://tobix09.blogspot.com/

There is certainly a portion of the SRS community that does not know some of the basics (how to be a back marker, how to know when you should give space and when you should have the right to a corner, how to qualify without ruining other people's times for no reason, etc. etc. etc.). Unfortunately the documentation for regulations is about as sparse as it could be.

All that said, you could complain about driver behavior on these forums until your fingers fall off. The people that would need to read your advise simply don't read these forums. You are doing what they call "preaching to the choir".

As far as advice for you: 1) file protests, 2) keep complaints to a minimum on the forums, and probably most importantly, 3) don't bother with ultimatums about leaving because of how you perceive racing behavior in SRS races. That sometimes leads to the entire situation being resolved quite suddenly. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(11-10-2018, 03:43 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  There is certainly a portion of the SRS community that does not know some of the basics (how to be a back marker, how to know when you should give space and when you should have the right to a corner, how to qualify without ruining other people's times for no reason, etc. etc. etc.). Unfortunately the documentation for regulations is about as sparse as it could be.

All that said, you could complain about driver behavior on these forums until your fingers fall off. The people that would need to read your advise simply don't read these forums. You are doing what they call "preaching to the choir".

As far as advice for you: 1) file protests, 2) keep complaints to a minimum on the forums, and probably most importantly, 3) don't bother with ultimatums about leaving because of how you perceive racing behavior in SRS races. That sometimes leads to the entire situation being resolved quite suddenly. Smile

It would be a nice addition to have a few basics listed on the server welcoming messages as seen on some public ones. The most reccuring thing i believe are people on their OUTLAP not giving spaces to those in their hotlap or doing it by parking right on the apexes.. that's just great in 10min quali when you have like 1 or 2 real shots at full grip. I me guessing not much have that app displaying the whole track map, which helps a lot for spacing and get out of the pit safely.

In split 1 everybody has that 500 rating anyway, since there are always a lot of people registered for the popular series, probably it's even 600 in GT3 so i don't think it would improve anything, it just prevents beginners to enter the series and create better splits.
Quote:Also if you have a cut penalty don't stop on the racing line!
Have to say this is a pet hate of mine. People loose much less time coasting into a corner off line than stopping so as they get the penalty.

Stay around and you'll soon get to know the names of who you can race with and who to avoid. When you work out the dive bombers etc just let them through. Chances are they wont make the turn anyway and you can relax the rest of your race.
To make it easier alot of the decent drivers post on the forums Wink
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries