Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 minutes races - 30 minutos de carrera
Hello. I use to participate in 20 minutes and 1 hour races.
I prefer 1 hour, because the pit stop strategy gives it a plus to competition and I find 20 minutes races a bit short.
Wouldn't be interesting to have some 30 minutes races, instead 20 minutes? Maybe some of them, not everyone?
I don't know if that is possible because of servers and technical stuff, but I would like to hear your oppinion.

Thank you.
I think this suggestion is something that should be looked in to.
What i would like to see is this:

The closer the car raced is to a "hardcore" race car, the race time should be longer. For example the on-going daily series in AC are Honda S800, BMW M235i Racing, Praga R1 and GT3.
I think 20mins is just right for S800.
Can't really comment on BMW because haven't driven it, 
Praga should be 30min (or maybe even 45mins), this would introduce tyre strategies to the series (now you just drive with softs)
1h GT3 is spot on already.

Of course this would impact the amount of races on different series but that's ok by me.

Furthermore on the daily series i'd like to see them categorized a bit, maybe along these lines:
Beginner series, easy to drive car, fixed setup,15-20min  race, races very often, for example last seasons Mazda MX-5 cup was perfect.
Intermediate series, open setup 20-30min race, a bit quicker car with limited setup options (to make people used to setting up their cars)
Advanced series, fixed setup, fast car, 30-45min races. I think for example ongoing Praga R1 is a good example (or some open-wheeler, Tatuus FA01 for example)
"Endurance" series, Full-on race car, open setups, pit stops etc. Ongoing GT3-series is spot on.

But again there are just my thoughts and ideas, let me know what you think.
I like Eero's ideas, so +1
Likely the time amount is meant to keep things simple on the schedule. Typical 30 minute race with a 10 minute qualifier is going to probably get a bit too close to the hour mark to let there be a race on the next hour.

And while I like the idea on paper of various levels of complexity ramping up throughout the different series, I typically can only race in 2, maybe 3 different series per season due to time constraints. Essentially, the complexity of the race isn't really a factor; I just race at the times when I can race (just before work, and after work on Monday and Tuesday, and weekends when I don't have other engagements).

I'm all for juggling the schedule a bit and starting to include races that start on the half or quarter hour to make room for some additional variation... but if the morning BMW races were 30 minutes instead of 20, I'd have to skip them as I'd be late for work. Like I am right now. Big Grin

In closing, make more 20 minute races and less 1 hour races, so that I can race more often.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz