Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T3PA Pedals
Hi all, not sure which part of the forum this would be best in so putting it here for now... please bear with me as I try to explain the issue!

I use a T150 wheel, with the T3PA pedals. The pedals come with a rubber conical thing to put behind the brake pedal, which gives some sense of the braking being a little progressive.

However, the brake pedal self-calibrates as I'm driving. The result of this is that if for some reason I apply more pressure than usual to the brakes, this will set a new point at which maximum braking pressure is registered by the system. After this, I will have to apply the same amount of pressure each time I want maximum braking.

So, the overall effect of this is that as a race progresses (or even a lap), I find myself having to apply more and more brake pressure to achieve the same result. This can be quite dramatic if there is an incident and I automatically stamp on the brake pedal to avoid a crash, as then I am left having to stamp just as hard every time in any serious braking zone!

I often find when I've just loaded up AC, and the braking max point is not so far, that my laptimes are much better. This is due to having far more control, and the ability to hit 100% brake force far quicker.

Does anyone else have these pedals, or experience a similar issues? I'd love to hear some tips on how this might be overcome. In particular, if there is a way of making sure the max-brake point is set and does not keep self-calibrating, that would be amazing!
I just have the basic 2 pedal set that comes with the T300RS set. Anytime I reboot, the pedals have to re-calibrate in game kind of how you describe, but I simply push as hard as I can when I first start up a car, and from then on they are good to go (until I reboot the machine again).
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I have Thrustmaster TMX (basically T150 but for Xbox) with T3PA pedals and the pedals must be calibrated only when my PC shuts down because of lack of power or something.

In that case I just depress the brake pedal really hard and as far as possible to "show" the pedal where it's peak is (depending on how that conical rubber thing is set of course).

You probably just not pressing it hard enough at the start but then in the race you press it harder and therefore calibrate it further. Just push the pedal all the way down at the very beggining to set that peak braking power.
When I had the T3PA i had the same problem and solved it the same way Ilya did. But I don't think that's optimal for consistency. So it at least seems to be a common problem ;-)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Thanks so much for the feedback! Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this, so it's just how the pedals work.

Whilst I understand the solutions mentioned, I find that having to press the brake so far actually reduces my control of the car. I realise I could adjust the conical rubber thing to be closer to the pedal, or simply get used to applying more pressure when braking... but when I've tried this in the past it just didn't feel very good.

If anyone's interested, I have found a solution for myself. In the control settings in AC, you can set the range of the brake pedal. Reducing this from 100% means that you hit max brake force before you depress the brake fully. This means that after having pressed very hard to calibrate the max brake point, I don't have to hit the brake that hard every time to apply 100% brake force.
This has two benefits; firstly it allows me to always be applying full brakes in the bigger braking zones (which I was sometimes not quite doing before); and perhaps more importantly for me it gives greater car control in situations where light-medium braking is useful, for example on corner entry/mid corner where weight transfer is important.
I used to have this issue when i had the T3pa as well, i thought it was an electronic bug but yet using the cone mod i sticked a piece of hard foam behind the steel piece and the plastic of the base, it fixed it for me. Also screwed the steel bar tighter might have helped too.

Hopefully this was only an annoyance at the start of quali, one hard brake it was back to being calibrated right.
Since I'm not sure you can solve this by configuration, you have two options: solve it in hardware or custom electronics with your own software. To solve it in hardware I can imagine that you make some kind of hard stop, something rigid that disables you from pressing the pedal any further. For a custom electronics solution I would just grab an Arduino Leonardo, then you have full control. You could for example use a simple dial to set the maximum position.
(10-30-2018, 08:49 AM)Max Teel Wrote:  Thanks so much for the feedback! Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this, so it's just how the pedals work.

Whilst I understand the solutions mentioned, I find that having to press the brake so far actually reduces my control of the car. I realise I could adjust the conical rubber thing to be closer to the pedal, or simply get used to applying more pressure when braking... but when I've tried this in the past it just didn't feel very good.

If anyone's interested, I have found a solution for myself. In the control settings in AC, you can set the range of the brake pedal. Reducing this from 100% means that you hit max brake force before you depress the brake fully. This means that after having pressed very hard to calibrate the max brake point, I don't have to hit the brake that hard every time to apply 100% brake force.
This has two benefits; firstly it allows me to always be applying full brakes in the bigger braking zones (which I was sometimes not quite doing before); and perhaps more importantly for me it gives greater car control in situations where light-medium braking is useful, for example on corner entry/mid corner where weight transfer is important.

Yes, i did exactly the same (80% of pedal travel), but I assumed you did that already Smile  as your question was kind of more about calibration itself. I think that's how these pedals work so there's no problem about it: you press the brake very hard initially to calibrate it and then let the in-game setup do it's work
Yep same with my self modded T500RS brake pedal, only solution is to use maximum possible force to calibrate and have a deadzone in AC control settings.
hello friend, I have the same pedals that you use and the truth is that I do not have this problem, I also use the rubber part