Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Assetto Corsa series starting 22/10/2018!
(10-24-2018, 12:08 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  So your argument is that pitstop is the one way to prevent the race from being nothing but hotlaps? That was literally my point on the subject. 

As for 20 minute races, I'm not sure how a shorter time limit in cars with typically fixed or very limited setup options that are typically slower than in 1 hour series would result in the same hotlapping-only symptoms I'm complaining about. Yes, the grid still spreads out, but not by nearly as much, being a function of less time on the clock and less setup options. So to summarize: the wider range of lap times + more laps = less time actually trying to pass or defend. And passing and defending is what I'm attracted to.  Driving by myself I can do anytime.  That's not racing... that's commuting. Big Grin (Yes, I'm trying to be funny... while also trying to make a point.)

I can certainly see that if you are successful in the hotlapping series and you really like hotlapping, you would not like to see someone successfully lobbying for less 1 hour races and more 20 minute races, but that's kind of what I'm trying to do. Sorry!

Do you just not understand, or do you just try to make a case to disagree with as many ppl as possible?
If you have read more closely, you would see that a pitstop is definitely not the only way to prevent nothing but hotlaps. In 1hr races you have tyre management, fuel management. As John said, staying focused for a full hour is far more difficult than 20 minutes, you're prone to make more mistakes. Driver's fatique too. More laps equals more time to make up time to drivers in front of you. Especially if you drive around on different strategies. You can also make a mistake and have time to make up for that one mistake. On top of that, you mention 1 strategy (pit for 1L of fuel) which by default will NEVER work in that series, which leads me to believe you've never tried and made up your assumptions. 

Look, we all like what we like and don't what we don't. I cannot tell you you should like the 1hr series. But your arguments are just backwards. If there's a sequence of hotlaps, you will find that in any type of 20 minute races. There's no strategy, barely tyremanagement (and that heavily depends on the car) Just drive as many hotlaps in a row. It just doesn't make any sense to call the 1hr races a sequence of hotlaps

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Assetto Corsa series starting 22/10/2018! - by Dennis Ipenburg - 10-24-2018, 12:55 PM