Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Assetto Corsa series starting 22/10/2018!
(10-24-2018, 01:54 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  And so: hotlaps after the first couple of laps. Except for that exciting part where you have to go into the pits for that 1 liter of fuel and no tire change since that is typically the best/obvious "strategy" from the various posts I've read about these series. But if that is your thing, go nuts! Smile

If that would be your strategy in the daily 1hr series, you're sadly mistaken. Get into the pits for a litre of fuel means you won't make it till the end, as on average you need roughly 150L for the race. On a few tracks there is the possibility of making your tyres last until the end, so a 'splash 'n dash' has potential. But on most tracks, you do need a set of fresh tyres, as tyrewear is standard @ 170%.

I feel that this is the only series where there's more than just driving hotlaps. Every 20 minute series is just that. If driving a number of hotlaps in a row is not to your liking, it doesn't make any sense to me you avoid the 1hr Euro series.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Assetto Corsa series starting 22/10/2018! - by Dennis Ipenburg - 10-24-2018, 10:42 AM