Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ADD a Fixed Thread with Racing rules/etiquette on the Forum
I think that a Fixed Thread(in the begining of the forum to anyone see) with Racing rules (Driver etiquette on track, flags, etc) would be very valuable for everyone and special to newcomers on Sim racing. It could even improve the quality of the races. For exemple someting like this:
http://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-rules-of-racing/

Days ago in a race, on a straight I was catching the driver on front, start braking I go for the inside, my front bumper was on his front wheels on corner entry and he from the outside go for the apex... I spun and he go away  Dodgy  
So I went searching for racing rules to know who the fault was, and for my surprise I found almost anything valuable... just that very good article(the link above)

Many people dont have a clue how to behave on track( today Alfa TZ on Goodwood for example I couldn't do a good lap on qualify because is so many cars coming back to the track without looking for other cars already on track Angry , they don´t even think about it)
This has come up a number of times, and I've mentioned the following assumption at least once elsewhere on these forums: Likely 10% of the SRS membership actually frequents these forums, and these are not likely any of the people that need to be taught racing etiquette. We are all reading these forums because we are "into this" more than the average sim racer, and thus, likely know what's what out on the track.

So while I agree that there should be more established rules on the website (something you might need to digitally sign when you sign up?), I don't really think anything in a sticky thread in the forums is going to make much of a difference.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
[quote pid='20452' dateline='1539301724']

Days ago in a race, on a straight I was catching the driver on front, start braking I go for the inside, my front bumper was on his front wheels on corner entry and he from the outside go for the apex... I spun and he go away  Dodgy  

[/quote]
I've had that kind of incident a few times and after discuss with the other driver we weren't able to agree about who was the guilty.

So I agree with you, it would be nice to have the rules in a more visible place, I'm sure that many people doesn't know that change direction while breaking is such a dirty movement.
(10-12-2018, 03:13 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  This has come up a number of times, and I've mentioned the following  assumption at least once elsewhere on these forums: Likely 10% of the SRS membership actually frequents these forums.
Its true, even so I think its important.

I have been intensively watching motorsports for 3 years now and 1 year racing online and I don´t know everything. Assuming that I´m not the only one, it could be helpfully for others too.

Quote:David Iglesias
I'm sure that many people doesn't know that change direction while breaking is such a dirty movement.
I Really think that many people doesn't know basic rules!!
Hello,

Respect of others on track is of most interest to me.
Rules on track have to be known by everyone for a good shared experience.
So, information is the key, for sure.

Why not a memo at the start of a race ?
Why not basic rules you don't have only to read, but to write to sign in ( and re-write every month ) ?
Why not imagine events where racers can learn these rules ?

That's not exhaustive, and just some ideas coming right after reading the thread.
I think that Russell told the truth when he said that people who reads the forum usually
already has a fair background of knowledge on the correct behavior to keep during a race.

However, as happened to Duarte, those who wanted to look for information about
the concepts and the behaviors to be held in particular situations of the race,
could do it directly on this forum, without having to resort to external research,
although they may be better or more exhaustive.

I believe that a simple list like the one indicated by Duarte in the first post here
can only bring benefit to the contents of this forum.

Returning to what was said by Russel and Frederic,
I also believe that more than a thread on the front page on the forum,
it could be really effective to implement a digital signature at the moment of subscription to the SRS service,
which clearly shows which are the behaviors to be pursued during the use of this wonderful service.
I do agree with this idea would help those who come and want to race clean but realise how certain things are dangerous on track and cause accidents and upset people. There are some great videos and text out there that could be utilised. Some of these are already posted on SRS forum.
Although I am sure it wont cure the problem altogether anything that helps I am for.
I agree with the idea, because everyone who is here, I believe they want to have the best simulation possible. If not, we would be playing in the normal online mode of the Simulator.
Frederic Desailloud's idea : "Why do not you basic rules do you have to read, but to write to sign in (and re-write every month)?" It seems to me a simple but effective thing, logically would not solve 100% of the cases, but surely we would have a significant improvement by the simple fact that the person has to write the rules and consequently learn from it.
I myself as a beginner, I care first of all to make a clean race, and I will certainly make the most of the rules posted by Duarte Luz. And logically I would like everyone to play these rules so that everyone could have a more fun race and a simulation more real.
I do also wonder if the results from reporting an incident was quicker, if this would make things cleaner.

I seem to remember when teaching, that correction needs to be focused and immediate for it to be helpful. People would learn much quicker how to race if they got a response like, "The race yesterday where you dived bombed in to T3 ( see video ) breaks this rule ( Link )". If this needs some mote race officials to help out on the incident load, surely there some people that the site moderators could ask.
Quote:Days ago in a race, on a straight I was catching the driver on front, start braking I go for the inside, my front bumper was on his front wheels on corner entry and he from the outside go for the apex... I spun and he go away  Dodgy  
So I went searching for racing rules to know who the fault was, and for my surprise I found almost anything valuable... just that very good article(the link above)

Sounds like you divebombed him. And even if not, front bumper alongside does not give you right to racing line.