Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat Leon TCR
(10-16-2018, 02:30 PM)Shaun Clarke Wrote:  TCR Cars don't lock there rear wheels.....really....ok explain this then?  Fast forward to 2min:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZcA3Oo-Xn0&t=152s

Yes I agree, you cannot simply take the data and "dump" it but then again, I had this comment back, from a Racing Engineer who drove the real car, and then compared mine.

"Our engineer just showed me the data of the real car compared to the laps he did in Assetto Corsa. Doesn’t differ much. Very impressive I must say.
That means you did an awesome job with the physics"

Regards

Shaun

Did you even read my post Sean? The car in the video is not locking its rear wheels!!! Its outside wheel is in the air, there is no friction on the tyre so no resistance against the brakes. The lifted wheel is locked (Smoke) The loaded wheel on the outside is not locked (No smoke). 

I raced your version of the Leon last night and I (And multiple other people) were locking BOTH rear wheels whilst braking in a straight line (So not an individual wheel). As said, this was at 77% brake bias. I'm sorry dude, but thats borked. 

And ok, since you've started, I'm game. Elaborate. What "Data" from Assetto Corsa did they pull to compare with the telemetry from the real car? 

If you produce a product, you're going to get feedback, some of it won't be positive. I appreciate the work you do and I've enjoyed several championships in the Leon here at SRS (Came third in the championship in one of them). Please don't be offended when I try to help you make it even better. 

I'm not here to piss on your chips. I'm not a troll and I do have vast FWD experience on the track and stage. 
Huh
Hi Saun,

I'm with John on this. As I said earlier in this threat, I was running 79% brake bias @95% power. Yet, I still was struggling to keep its nose forward because both rear wheels were locking.
Correct me if I'm wrong here (I am about as green as grass) but if I would run these brake settings on track, shouldn't I have front wheel lockups in high braking zones with a Leon TCR?

Also, don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved driving the 1.2 and 1.4 versions. It's an amazing car to drive. Just in the 1.6 version the braking feels very unnatural
I aggre with the criticisms, this version is very strange, maybe is more real, but the improvvise lock of the rear tyres, and the feels of a much "heavier" than the previus version (maybe it's just some setup changes) doesn't make this car enjoyable at stock setup, that doesn't mean it's less or more realist, just less enjoyable.

i think the rear's locking problem, can be caused of a very low coast and a stiff rear, plus bad psi (they were always red), other version had good psi on the rear tyres.

John, it was me who you touched..even if you did hate the car, not breaking on a very slow corner (so there are no lock problem) and uses others as brake itsn't a nice thing.. in any car..
(10-16-2018, 04:27 PM)Stefano Zanella Wrote:  I aggre with the criticisms, this version is very strange, maybe is more real, but the improvvise lock of the rear tyres, and the feels of a much "heavier" than the previus version (maybe it's just some setup changes)  doesn't make this car enjoyable at stock setup, that doesn't mean it's less or more realist, just less enjoyable.

i think the rear's locking problem, can be caused of a very low coast and a stiff rear, plus bad psi (they were always red), other version had good psi on the rear tyres.

John, it was me who you touched..even if you did hate the car, not breaking on a very slow corner (so there are no lock problem) and uses others as brake itsn't a nice thing.. in any car..

Sorry for the contact. And hands in the air, yes, it was a combination of lack of concentration and frustration.
Huh
This may be a stupid question, but...
Could the fixed setup used on the server just have been wrong?
I drove it 10 min before the race at Monza, heavy braking was not a issue.
Then on the server i experienced the same issue like everyone else.
Also, i remember tire pressures number thing from tire app being orange on front and red on rear, just out of the box.
I tried to load last used setup today, and values differs a lot from the default one (Camber of 2.7 front - 2.9 rear instead of 4.3 - 4.5, pressures 19 f - 23 r instead 17 all around for example)
Could the server have used fixed setup for 1.4 Leon on the 1.6 one?

Edit: Just did a quick comparison run. And this is the setup used yesterday.
It is either wrong or crap. The 1.6 default setup totally makes it a different car.

Edit 2: I don't actually know how to add the file on the post. Will try again shortly.
Even before the update SRS was not using the current default setup, probably is the default setup from a couple of versions ago. Shaun did say you need to chuck out old setups, seems SRS didn’t take his advice Smile
(10-17-2018, 07:16 AM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Even before the update SRS was not using the current default setup, probably is the default setup from a couple of versions ago. Shaun did say you need to chuck out old setups, seems SRS didn’t take his advice Smile
Thanks Alex, that would explain alot if they was using fixed setups

Shaun
How to get the new basic setup? Where are the old setups I must delete?
Love this car! Cheers, Shaun!
very understeer normally set up rides beautifully but the server is terrible. needed ARB correction