Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRS / iRacing Comparison?
The fast guys on SRS are for sure just as fast as the fast guys on iRacing, but the average skill level is not as high, I say.

I'm somebody who usually ends up at places 4 to 7, here and on iRacing.

But on iRacing I had to do a perfect or almost perfect race to do so, and here I can mess up a couple of times and still finish 4th to 7th. When I do a perfect race here, I usually end up in the top 3.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
For those who play CSGO:

CSGO Competitve - AC
CSGO Faceit/esea - Iracing

Wink
SRS you own.....
IRacing you don't Smile
(09-21-2018, 09:24 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  The fast guys on SRS are for sure just as fast as the fast guys on iRacing, but the average skill level is not as high, I say.

I'm somebody who usually ends up at places 4 to 7, here and on iRacing.

But on iRacing I had to do a perfect or almost perfect race to do so, and here I can mess up a couple of times and still finish 4th to 7th. When I do a perfect race here, I usually end up in the top 3.

"perfect race here..." mine are far from perfect every lap almost, mistakes are there, trust me. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Can you imagine 10 perfect turns where you gain then lose it all on 1 turn from a slight mistake..... now do it 5/7 laps
With perfect race I don't mean nailing every apex, but just getting the race done without any major incidents or off tracks.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
What about the variety of races in iRacing compared to what is offered here? Did you actually try all the different race series? Or did you previous iRacers all just stuck to a few races due to how expensive buying a new car/track is? I know the more you want to participate in, the more you need to grind for the rating and also pay more. I see some streamers play 24hr endurance races and swap between 3 drivers and that actually looks amazing.

Still though the question goes back to whether the overall experience you get from it justifies the cost. I'm perfectly happy with what SRS offers for now, but having different types of races like iRacing aside from the 20m or 1hr races get here would definitely be awesome!
It all depends how young you are and how much money you have. If you don't have a job and family, you can race 24/7 in any title you like. In iRacing I can only race once a day, that tiny little window after work and before I sleep. The same is true here in SRS. So I guess the choice is obvious. It's not like I wanna win some championship and earn cash out of this. Too old for that. Realistically, once a day is probably doable and the norm for anyone and that's probably enough. There's life to live outside all of this.
Indeed that's true. We can't very well just neglect our responsibilities in the real world. And from what I see iRacing requires a fairly big commitment of time to grind through the license classes. I'm sure just racing one or two sessions a day wouldn't cut it to fasttrack through the licenses right? That would require weeks if not months to progress through and actually play the classes and cars we want to play in.
It looks like SRS + AC is more than enough to satiate our casual racing thirsts. Not to mention we've got ACC to look forward to as well. And even that is a heck of a lot cheaper than iRacing sub.
I fast-tracked to an A road license in just a few weeks without even trying, and without racing all that much. I basically just raced what I fancied and stayed out of trouble. I think I bought 2 cars and 4 tracks. I didn't renew because I was questioning the value, but there have been so few compelling combinations in SRS recently I'm considering renewing iRcaing again.
The license thing really is overrated. Just use your brain a little and you get an A-license in no time.