Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Join - Splash Screen Disappears.
Hi,
I press join and the splash screen shows up, says "Starting..." then disappears. I've checked the instructions and my settings and everything looks OK. 
I've googled and someone says that you need to uncheck "RRE Content Detection" so I did that and it doesn't work.
Has anyone else had this problem?
when you press join, a popup shows up, you need to press 'OK'

otherwise RRE won't start
Yeah, I've been looking for the popup, I don't see it.
I have everything minimized this time. I'll look for it when I press join in the next race and report back.
Are you launching the game in VR mode?
I got the same error when I already have the SteamVR app running. Closing it and restarting Steam solves the problem for me.
It's not an error. I would say it's inconvenience. But it is how SteamVR is designed.
If you try to run RRE from SRS while SteamVR is running, the confirmation window appears in VR (seen in HMD, controlled by VR controllers).

You have to have SteamVR disabled in order to run RRE from SRS without issues.
(09-18-2018, 09:16 PM)Michal Kozusznik Wrote:  It's not an error. I would say it's inconvenience. But it is how SteamVR is designed.
If you try to run RRE from SRS while SteamVR is running, the confirmation window appears in VR (seen in HMD, controlled by VR controllers).

You have to have SteamVR disabled in order to run RRE from SRS without issues.

Didn't know that, I thought it was just a bug. Thank you.
Oh wow! very interesting. Will register for the next race and see what happens.

Nope, I'm just in a white room with a blank blue screen with my headset on.
I've tried running it with StemVR off before and did just now. No luck...
Alright, so I got it to launch but now I cannot connect to the server. Just tried to do it manually and it told me to enter the password

Content server error 20103.... I have the track....
So, you are trying to launch the game in VR? if the answer is yes, check my list of settings in this thread: http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=4100
Maybe now you closed SteamVR before joining, but you don't have the setting that turns it back on when needed? Anyway check it and if you are not in VR then it should be a lot easier... antivirus settings? is the SRS app free to work?
By the way, you can't join manually from multiplayer servers list, got to do it from the app exclusively...
Oh, I chose the wrong skin