Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic F1
Thumbs Up 
TZ, GTA, 312T, life is good. Tks SRS!
What do you mean with GTA?
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(10-01-2018, 01:06 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  What do you mean with GTA?

Ruminating on the past Sleepy
Can’t make it today 
to get in everyone’s way...
cu tomorrow!

gl hf

jim
Hey all

Mega congrats to Michal!! Your pace and consistency was awesome, so pleased for you!

I knew I was under-prepared for this one, so was trying to be cautious... however T1 struck again. Guess I've been lucky to avoid the carnage for a while, was due for it!

How did everyone find the racing? This track is set up for some amazing back and forth action!
The track has a nice layout, maybe too bumpy, even for 70s standards.
After a good start I managed to keep the 2nd position, survived for a while before being rammed at the hairpin.
I rejoined 7th or so.
It has been nice battling with Luke and Jan.
Max,

THX very much, i cant still belive it , i was very nervous at last lap, hardly concentrate not to make stupid mistake

i prepared 45 minutes before race to find solution for my LF tyre and wings setup for not to spin but to be fast on straights, all set to suit me, pole was big surprise for me, started badly like usual but when i went to 1st place at end of banget T1 my pulse rised a lot, it was not usual situation for me to be on 1st place in such a field of fast drivers , situation was better when shaked other driver behind me and can concentrate on my racing line

surely result to remember for me Smile
Watching the replay it looks like some 3 wide shenanigans took place on the mega turn low on the inside and someone got ping-ponged around. Unfortunate. I'm glad I dodged that (mostly). I did about 30 minutes of prep for this combo, but I was very familiar with the track from an old Simpit series here on SRS a long while back. I was getting safe .39s but as I tried to go faster and faster during the race I found myself slipping off track in a few of the more tricky turns and eventually put my suspension against a wall and had to call it quits.

Not sure if I'll make tomorrow's race as I have a number of errands I must run all day tomorrow. Good luck out there!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(10-06-2018, 08:22 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  Max,

THX very much,  i cant still belive it , i was very nervous at last lap, hardly concentrate not to make stupid mistake

i prepared 45 minutes before race to find solution for my LF tyre  and wings setup for not to spin but to be fast on straights, all set to suit me, pole was big surprise for me, started badly like usual but when i went to 1st place at end of banget T1 my pulse rised a lot, it was not usual situation for me to be on 1st place in such a field of fast drivers  , situation was better when shaked other driver behind me and can concentrate on my racing line

surely result to remember for me Smile

It was a hard track to setup for. If I put in enough downforce to go fast through the high-speed corners, the car plowed through the mid-speed corners. I ended up setting it up kind of loose. I got caught in the turn 1 pileup and got ping-ponged and collected 5 incidents. My front wing and steering were messed up for the rest of the race, too. If you're not in front, it probably makes sense to slow down at the first corner and go low to avoid the cars that get spun up the banking in the inevitable collision.
(10-06-2018, 10:39 PM)Andy Rohrer Wrote:  ...it probably makes sense to slow down at the first corner...

Exactly right. This one golden piece of advice could save so many srs racers so much grief! Maybe it should come up as a flashing banner at every race start! Wink