Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic F1
Spa is carnage in every series i saw Big Grin
Yeah Eau Rouge is where everybody loves to overtake on lap 1. I've seen a lot of high rated, usually very clean guys get suckered into trying and failing this. I guess that just adds to the exciting though Big Grin
Overtaking attempts in Eau Rogue after the start never happened in a race I was in or at least not in front of me, guess I'm pretty lucky Big Grin

I had lots of people who missed the brake point before T1 though …
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(09-24-2018, 09:42 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  I think it would be more convenient with Friday, Saturday and Sunday for many people.

I agree. In order to be somewhat competitive, you (or me, at least) have to train and set up the car for each track so spreading it over one more race makes sense, especially since a break from simracing for one out of three week-end evenings is a legitimate claim, at least for those who still pretend to have a social life.
be easy on me today, it is my namesday (in my country)
(09-29-2018, 05:32 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  be easy on me today, it is my namesday (in my country)

Well at least I didn't hit you today!  Completely missed the braking point at the last chicane, paid for it but didn't contact anyone.  Always a pleasure racing with you guys...even at the risk of suffering the wrath of Janak Big Grin !
(09-30-2018, 07:45 PM)Jim C Russell Wrote:  
(09-29-2018, 05:32 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  be easy on me today, it is my namesday (in my country)

Well at least I didn't hit you today!  Completely missed the braking point at the last chicane, paid for it but didn't contact anyone.  Always a pleasure racing with you guys...even at the risk of suffering the wrath of Janak Big Grin !

"Wrath of Janak" Big Grin  Love it!

Glad I made it in time for the race, I had 15mins to spare before the start! Really enjoyed that too, despite being tapped a little here and there, plus making a silly error and losing what looked like a podium near the end.

Learned an important lesson too, it really will take far too much time and effort to even come close to Laz! If I'm lucky enough to make it to any of the remaining races I think I'll have a much more relaxed attitude to setup/practice, simply enjoy turning up and driving this great car.
Was a jolly good race today. Had a good time trying and failing to catch Alex. Anytime I closed in on the straights he defended well and then left me for dust in the corners.

Also now that I think about it, if it wasn't for a silly lockup into Les Combes I would have pipped Jim to that P10 spot Tongue Darn and blast, you must have thrown a banana peel out the lap before! Big Grin
(09-30-2018, 07:58 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  Was a jolly good race today. Had a good time trying and failing to catch Alex. Anytime I closed in on the straights he defended well and then left me for dust in the corners.

Also now that I think about it, if it wasn't for a silly lockup into Les Combes I would have pipped Jim to that P10 spot Tongue Darn and blast, you must have thrown a banana peel out the lap before! Big Grin

NO banana but maybe a bit of spew from wearing VR, great race always fun!
I want to thank you for SRS for this serie! 
I love every corner with this car and glad to see that the whole field respect each other..
Quite surprise to me that such a few incidents was in the  races so far with such hard cars and no t1 mess...
See you on Fuji1968 GP !