Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions on SRS 1-hour races and pitstops
1) Don't know need to test
2)See below
3)most people go 50:50 depending on tires/fuel. You can sometimes gain by off setting your stop to run in clear traffic.
4)Depends on car. Least number of stops you can get away with is best.
5)See below. You cannot exit once pit has started. Best thing to do is a practice session and see what happens.
6)Have a drink handy and go to the loo before you start.

I'll go into more detail after some testing but my general approach is.

Do some practice laps to get yourself a rough race pace. You can then work out how many laps the race will be. 3600/(your lap time in seconds)= laps. I always round up and +1

Use side kick to find your fuel usage. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...ick.11007/ .Don't use the default calculations as it's not always accurate. To adjust for 170 fuel usage just practice at 100 fuel usage and x1.7 Again round up a little to be safe.

You can then work out how much fuel you need for the whole race. Laps x fuel

Next step is to see how long a set of tires last. That you will have to do a long run and see as loads of variables setup, compound etc.

*this bit is important!
Then see how long it takes to fuel/change tires.
Ideal world you put in the same time of fuel in as it takes to change tires.
If you have a car that is slow to fill i will always start with a full tank and top up. Nothing worse than waiting on fuel if you could have started with more.
If tires are slow it doesn't really matter as you can fill up no problem.

Some cars take a very long time to fill up!

You can then work out your strategy.
How much fuel can the car carry/how far will that get you. Do you need to add more
How long did the tires last. Can you do an hour/30min/20min. This dictates number of stops.

Pre set a few different strategies in the steup. You can access during the race using d pad or arrows on keyboard.

This isn't car specific just how i approach longer races.
I could go on a lot more but thats the basics. Once i've done some tesing with the car i'll post up more info unless someone else beats me to it.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions on SRS 1-hour races and pitstops - by Michael Martin - 09-08-2018, 04:55 PM