Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The JM Ginetta Junior Championship
Nice work on the fix Shaun. I've just spent 10mins in the car and it's so much more predictable to drive. Feels like the weight has moved forward a little too. Will still bite if you push it too much Smile

1:52 so far and looking forward to tonights race. Hopefully i don't throw it away like last week.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Yeah that is a different car altogether!

Just did a handful of laps (1 lap, adjust psi, outlap and 2 hot laps, more adjustments of psi, outlap and two final laps) and already felt I was ready to push the car, just got it a shade under 1:50 so far.

Edit: one issue I did notice, the tyre wear indicator is registering zero constantly. Sidekick shows all four tyres at zero and it doesn't rise when the tyres warm up. Also Jim keeps pestering me saying my tyres are knackered and I need to change them.
The car is great. I only drove it for the first time about 5 mins before the start of tonight's race, but the default setup was competitive. I couldn't quite match the pace of the two guys battling for 1st but I managed a reasonably comfortable 3rd in the end.
(09-21-2018, 09:45 PM)Iain Mcfadzen Wrote:  The car is great. I only drove it for the first time about 5 mins before the start of tonight's race, but the default setup was competitive. I couldn't quite match the pace of the two guys battling for 1st but I managed a reasonably comfortable 3rd in the end.

grr, comfortabyl 3rd but your mistakes at lap 1 cost me many places as i awoiding hit you and it caused my crash to other drives then  , not happy with today race Confused
(09-21-2018, 09:58 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  grr, comfortabyl 3rd but your mistakes at lap 1 cost me many places as i awoiding hit you and it caused my crash to other drives then  , not happy with today race Confused
Hard luck then eh.
Thanks guys for the comment. I also noticed the tyre issue, and working on the fix today, as I found it last night. There was a (space) where there should not of been, and yes AC is that fussy, so will get that to Henrique today

Again, thank you for your comments

Shaun
car is more prdictable, but the diferencies yesterday was huge, in last race the car was more close to each other, or maybe fast uys from last race was missing yesterday?
Well in the first race I couldn’t work out why I could not get up to pace, the car did not seem logical- transpires I was correct and it was broken. So the times in the first race aren’t relevant as the car was not behaving logically. So really driver skill was out the window as normal methods to understand the car had broken down. This I would not be against scrapping the first race result, though I am sure others would say I am biased as I did rubbish in that race Wink . Pace difference in second race? Seemed pretty much like normal to me.
Have to say I was surprised during the race. I thought more people would have been up front as the car was easier to drive.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
prety stupid race today, spent some time to preapare the car, Q on 4th place but then unrespectfull pink driver closed the door a spinned me, cause huge crash at 3rd corner of lap1 then i colect 6hits fron other drivers , who saw car in front but not brake , and later got another bump of ftrak by another pink driver so 10th place and minus 21points, so chapm is lost by this (and on start i got drive thru because of early start as the red lights was too long today and i hit the shifter) Sad