Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Request: Display Incident Average for Drivers on Pre-Race Start Screen
Since the HTML/PHP pre-race page is capable of displaying the drivers' rating, I assume it's an easy SQL operation to also read in the incident average and display it on the pre-race screen next to the rating. It would give other drivers a sense of who to be aware of going into a race. An additional benefit is if the incident average can be made a bit more public in this way (seen by all your competition immediately before going into a race), it may increase safe racing since drivers may feel more accountable to their incident average.

I've made this request to our SRS administrator at simracingsystem@gmail.com, but perhaps other SRS drivers could chime in to agree/disagree or suggest an alternative approach.

See screenshot below for where I could see this information being displayed:
[Image: 4F31EBg.jpg]

Edit: My apologies for originally posting this to the wrong forum. Thank you for moving it to the correct place!
It would also make people more aware of their own incident average and might make some people pay more attention and motivate them to be more clean.

+1
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
TBH with the standard of driving in some of the series atm it could be useful.
Good idea, you have my vote, sir!
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
Nice idea David, I completely agree with you.

It would be a good way to promote clean driving style,
and at the same time be aware of our own reputation.
Let me be the first to disagree. I don't see any additional value adding an incident rating. It doesn't tell you anything more than someone's behaviour in a specific race. It will only lead to more preassumptions. I've seen people with very low incident ratings behave like absolute d*cks in races. I myself for example have a rather high incident rating. This because I joined SRS before I had any business being on public servers and when I started I raced more on Nordschleiffe rather than any other track. I'm a different driver now than I was when I started, yet I still carry a high incident rating along with me.

What would u do differently if you'd see someone with a high incident rating in a list of drivers that'll participate in a race?

Also, I don't see how adding this will magically start promoting a cleaner driving style or cleaner race.
There's plenty of drivers who don't care about their ratings, or incident rating. Adding this won't change that.

I actually would think it would have a reversed effect. Because whenever there might be an incident, then hey "it must be the guy with the highest incident rating to be blamed"
(09-03-2018, 05:49 PM)David Weber Wrote:  Since the HTML/PHP pre-race page is capable of displaying the drivers' rating, I assume it's an easy SQL operation to also read in the incident average and display it on the pre-race screen next to the rating. It would give other drivers a sense of who to be aware of going into a race. An additional benefit is if the incident average can be made a bit more public in this way (seen by all your competition immediately before going into a race), it may increase safe racing since drivers may feel more accountable to their incident average.

I've made this request to our SRS administrator at simracingsystem@gmail.com, but perhaps other SRS drivers could chime in to agree/disagree or suggest an alternative approach.

See screenshot below for where I could see this information being displayed:
[Image: 4F31EBg.jpg]

Edit: My apologies for originally posting this to the wrong forum. Thank you for moving it to the correct place!

i like
(10-17-2018, 01:38 PM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  What would u do differently if you'd see someone with a high incident rating in a list of drivers that'll participate in a race?
I would try to get away from them, same as I already try to do with high ping guys. Just trying to be a little more careful than I normally am already.

In general I like the idea, although I also agree it probably wouldn't stop people who don't mind their ratings at all.
(10-17-2018, 01:38 PM)
Quote:Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  Let me be the first to disagree.
I agree with you disagreeing. Wink 
In a T1 pileup it is easy to get 5-7 incidents, add to this two classic racing incidents, you end race with 9 incidents. I regulary see people who brake late enough just to touch the defending car and use him as additional braking power - they don`t care about inc count at all.
I don`t have empiric evidence but to me inc count don`t mean much, if it is not very high eg. 7,0. If you`re a midpack racer you will get those incidents from the sheer number of cars you interact with. And yes, also every now and then when I got close to being in top 3, I faced the drivers being VERY aggressive.
I`ve been cheering for licence system in SRS so that the slowest and most contact oriented players don`t enter servers. That would get me mostly in split 2/3 I tihnk yet I don`t mind if it means not letting in hotheads to ruin our race.
(10-19-2018, 10:55 AM)Matthias Wauer Wrote:  
(10-17-2018, 01:38 PM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  What would u do differently if you'd see someone with a high incident rating in a list of drivers that'll participate in a race?
I would try to get away from them, same as I already try to do with high ping guys. Just trying to be a little more careful than I normally am already.

In general I like the idea, although I also agree it probably wouldn't stop people who don't mind their ratings at all.

Fair enough. I appreciate your honesty. But this is exactly the reason why I'm so much against it. High pings I would avoid too. That is a guarantee for trouble. a High incident rating is not imho. The assumption that someone with a high incident rating is "trouble" is wrong. As I said before, I've seen ppl with low incident lvl behave like idiots. My incident rating is high for reasons explained earlier, yet these days I race "cleaner" than many... Should I continuesly held accountable for ignorance and inexperience I had in the past?