Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hello everyone,
Just started my adventure into sim racing and SRS.
Just done my first race. (Chang Int. - Maserati GT 18:00)
Practice the track the day before for good few hours. Sadly 10 secs off the pace of everyone else but trying to keep consistent laps and alot to take in at this early stage. Very overwhelming.
So I qualified 16th near the back of the grid and sat there all ready for the race and watching the countdown all excited and nervous at the sametime. About 2 secs before the light went out I was suddenly thrown into the pits.
Looking back at the footage I now realise I should have pressed a drive button again to get into the car :'( and I was in the pits for quite a while all confused. But I stuck around driving around while I guess others would of quit out.
Its all experience and I experienced alot of blue flag and trying to stay out the way of everyone.
Didn't enjoy my first race but its a small step and I know I can only get better with experience.
(08-29-2018, 06:10 PM)Mike Glover Wrote:  Hello everyone,
Just started my adventure into sim racing and SRS.
Just done my first race. (Chang Int. - Maserati GT 18:00)
Practice the track the day before for good few hours. Sadly 10 secs off the pace of everyone else but trying to keep consistent laps and alot to take in at this early stage. Very overwhelming.
So I qualified 16th near the back of the grid and sat there all ready for the race and watching the countdown all excited and nervous at the sametime. About 2 secs before the light went out I was suddenly thrown into the pits.
Looking back at the footage I now realise I should have pressed a drive button again to get into the car :'( and I was in the pits for quite a while all confused. But I stuck around driving around while I guess others would of quit out.
Its all experience and I experienced alot of blue flag and trying to stay out the way of everyone.
Didn't enjoy my first race but its a small step and I know I can only get better with experience.

Welcome to the community, Mike!

I'm 116 races into my SRS career and I'm just now starting to consistently be in the top 10. There are no shortcuts, just a lot of time and practice and racing. I look at the winner's lap on replay when starting a new week to see how I can improve my line/braking/etc.

You might find the current Toyota GT86 series a little more beginner friendly than the Maserati.

Good luck and see you on the track!
(08-30-2018, 12:43 AM)David Weber Wrote:  Welcome to the community, Mike!

I'm 116 races into my SRS career and I'm just now starting to consistently be in the top 10. There are no shortcuts, just a lot of time and practice and racing. I look at the winner's lap on replay when starting a new week to see how I can improve my line/braking/etc.

You might find the current Toyota GT86 series a little more beginner friendly than the Maserati.

Good luck and see you on the track!

Thanks David for the tips. I'll check Toyota out. Smile