Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing simulator cockpit purchase - any suggestions?
Hi guys,

Recently, I've been browsing the net for a decent racing simulator cockpit costing around 500$ USD. However, after looking at many options such as Next Level Racing's F1GT or Playseat's Alcantara Evolution and reading reviews about these cockpits, I've come to notice that one line sticks around in every product review I've seen so far: something to the effect of... "disappointing build quality for a X$ cockpit. For that price point you'd expect more" (replace X with anything between 300-550$ USD) to which I'd think "well then, WHICH cockpit in that price range ISN'T disappointing for what you've paid?" Thus, I've decided to turn to you, knowledgeable SRS members, to suggest something in or around that price range that seems to make sense to you, as I'm quite confused and I don't really know where to look anymore without having to shell out in excess of 1K $ (just a humble student here, that can't afford that s***). I'm presently using a TS-PC wheel with T3-PA Pro pedals, for reference Wink
P.S. I'd preferably not want a bar lodged between my legs as seen in the Playseat models, as I ain't into simulating go-karts here Tongue

Thank you all in advance for your help!
Mike V Madd
Interviewer: ”What makes TAG Heuer special?” - Kimi Raikkonen: “It’s okay.”
I had an obutto Ozone for a while, and it was frankly a bit clunky for what it was. I ended up having to buy the articulating keyboard tray as well as the triple monitor mount to put it all together and it got a bit pricey. I think if I had to do it over again I would have either gone with the Revolution instead (probably ended up around the same cost, but they go for like 900+ with just the base equipment). I guess what I'm saying is: don't bother with obutto stuff.

RSeat looks a bit out of the price range as well.

If you are into DIY, there are a number of plans online that can get you exactly what you want either out of wood, PVC, or even slotted aluminum. In the case of the latter there are a few places that fabricate the entire thing for you and you just put it together. I'm not sure if they ship to North America, but this looks in your price range: https://sim-lab.eu/product/gt1-evo/
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I considered the locally available stuff also, but went for the Simetik K2. With shipping from Portugal it was around $600 USD. Then I added all the attachments for another couple hundred and the seat from Jegs.com for $139. Not cheap in total, but I have no regrets, it's solid. Check out GamerMuscle's video GM Review.
Good luck searching! Wink
(08-27-2018, 08:02 PM)Mike V Madd Wrote:  Hi guys,

Recently, I've been browsing the net for a decent racing simulator cockpit costing around 500$ USD. However, after looking at many options such as Next Level Racing's F1GT or Playseat's Alcantara Evolution and reading reviews about these cockpits, I've come to notice that one line sticks around in every product review I've seen so far: something to the effect of... "disappointing build quality for a X$ cockpit. For that price point you'd expect more" (replace X with anything between 300-550$ USD) to which I'd think "well then, WHICH cockpit in that price range ISN'T disappointing for what you've paid?" Thus, I've decided to turn to you, knowledgeable SRS members, to suggest something in or around that price range that seems to make sense to you, as I'm quite confused and I don't really know where to look anymore without having to shell out in excess of 1K $ (just a humble student here, that can't afford that s***). I'm presently using a TS-PC wheel with T3-PA Pro pedals, for reference Wink
P.S. I'd preferably not want a bar lodged between my legs as seen in the Playseat models, as I ain't into simulating go-karts here Tongue

Thank you all in advance for your help!
Mike V Madd
Take a look at 4 Play Racing on eBay. They're the absolute best rig for the money.
Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Guess that means I'll have to start saving a bit more money after all Smile thanks for your help!
Interviewer: ”What makes TAG Heuer special?” - Kimi Raikkonen: “It’s okay.”
GTOmega Pro is within your budget ($629US w triple monitor stand) and is a solid, quality unit. Many hours in the seat and no issues...comfortable, adaptable and good quality. Free shipping too...I had mine delivered to Canada and it was there in two weeks with excellent shipping tracking info. No surprises. Thanks to Alex Leif for putting me onto this a long time ago...cheers!!