Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On-going Race Leavers, what happens?
Exclamation 
I have now seen countless of races with 23-26-33 players signed up, but when the race finishes there is only 8-12 people left in the race..., this is very discouraging to everyone els who tries to finish a race that was supposed to be with 20-30 racers on track, not 10.

So the servers divides racers into groups and thats cool, but what happens to the people who enters the race and immediately leaves, because he was spinned around or bumbed out of track and like that instantly disconnects?

Do they get somekind of penalty, increased lost rating or something? Or is it actually just a benefit to leave the race early on, if the gab is too big? 

I personally think that if you leave a "entered race" early, then that should yield the most harsh penalty in Rating decreasement. Even invent a new penalty if you have to. 

These "Race Leavers" have to stop or be somehow grouped into a server where people that usually "leaves" gets grouped together, so the rest of us that does finish our entered races no matter what, can actually play together on a server with 26+ active racers on it. (THAT STAYS TILL THE END)

I think this is maybe one of the most important issues to get fixed very early on SRS.
Skill is when Luck becomes Usual! Play Serious, but Fair and have Fun! Angel
Increase my city Transport! http://rawexity.myminicity.com/tra
Yeah, agree. It's not always that easy (you could always have a legitimate disconnect) and if you were to get a penalty for leaving early you just park your car on the street and go afk for 10 minutes.

Maybe there could be a (rating) penalty not just based on position but also on difference, e.g. if you are 10 laps behind you might get a harsher penalty I'm just worried that it gets quickly way to intransparent/complicated and is yet another reason for new players to give up quickly....
In all Assetto Corsa servers damage coef. set to 100%. After 1.7 update repair times increased 10 times. So if you have a contact,
especially with wall, and you want to repair car, it takes 30-40 sec. If you continue to race with damage you will losing 1-4 sec. per lap depending on car aero load and top speed. I think people not interested in driving remaining laps after contact in last position without ability to race with other players.
I think people join SRS not because any rating system its provides. They want clean racing. And if they had been pushed out in the wall in first lap they didn't see any reason to continue. Its more important to apply some penalty to players who
causes collision at race start, or aggressive players who drive like "i overtake you or we crash together". But who will judge all this moments.

It is more useful to have system that consider players "Incident Average" index. For moment when server is not full, its possible to join with any  "Incident Average". After server is full, if player with lower "Incident Average" wants to join, he can join server number 1. Player that already registered on server  number 1 with higher "Incident Average" will automatically placed to server number 2.
Or like we see in social networks some kind of buttons "like" "dislike".  Every player have ability to put only one "like" or one "dislike" to any player he (or even she) race with. So servers 1,2 will filled up depending on "like, dislike" index. So maybe this can add some players some respect to others who drive clean.

The problem is, its very rare when even one server is filled up and applying some borderlines like "Incident Average"<=1 or <=2 will close the possibility to join and any interest in SRS for players with higher index with the result that less people enter the race. Question is would you like to race with 5 clean drivers or better race with 20 "very fast" drivers.

PS. I hope you understand something in my very bad English.
(08-02-2016, 11:35 AM)Benjamin August Wrote:  Yeah, agree. It's not always that easy (you could always have a legitimate disconnect) and if you were to get a penalty for leaving early you just park your car on the street and go afk for 10 minutes.

Maybe there could be a (rating) penalty not just based on position but also on difference, e.g. if you are 10 laps behind you might get a harsher penalty I'm just worried that it gets quickly way to intransparent/complicated and is yet another reason for new players to give up quickly....
That's true Benjamin, i didnt think of if people legitimate happens to get a disconnect or computer crash, i am unsure right now, but i am quite certain that a system could be thought of that could minimize the problem we are having.

What you are saying with the position based difference making an effect on the penalty is not a bad idea, maybe just needs alittle more thought, but i think you might be on to something that could potentially work.

(08-02-2016, 03:08 PM)Ivan Drago Wrote:  1: In all Assetto Corsa servers damage coef. set to 100%. After 1.7 update repair times increased 10 times. So if you have a contact,
especially with wall, and you want to repair car, it takes 30-40 sec. If you continue to race with damage you will losing 1-4 sec. per lap depending on car aero load and top speed. I think people not interested in driving remaining laps after contact in last position without ability to race with other players.
I think people join SRS not because any rating system its provides. They want clean racing. And if they had been pushed out in the wall in first lap they didn't see any reason to continue. Its more important to apply some penalty to players who
causes collision at race start, or aggressive players who drive like "i overtake you or we crash together". But who will judge all this moments.

2: It is more useful to have system that consider players "Incident Average" index. For moment when server is not full, its possible to join with any  "Incident Average". After server is full, if player with lower "Incident Average" wants to join, he can join server number 1. Player that already registered on server  number 1 with higher "Incident Average" will automatically placed to server number 2.
Or like we see in social networks some kind of buttons "like" "dislike".  Every player have ability to put only one "like" or one "dislike" to any player he (or even she) race with. So servers 1,2 will filled up depending on "like, dislike" index. So maybe this can add some players some respect to others who drive clean.

3: The problem is, its very rare when even one server is filled up and applying some borderlines like "Incident Average"<=1 or <=2 will close the possibility to join and any interest in SRS for players with higher index with the result that less people enter the race. Question is would you like to race with 5 clean drivers or better race with 20 "very fast" drivers.

PS. I hope you understand something in my very bad English.
Ivan, your english is very fine Smile I understand you perfectly and will answer back on what you said, since you have some valid points made! And spent a nice amount of time to write it down. Thanks for making such a nice response Ivan! Cool 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: I can see your reasoning and understand it perfectly, but that is really just part of racing. The pitstop repairs that takes up to 30-40 secs are stupid yes, not much we can do against that until Kunos figure out to fix it.

Heh like me people like clean racing, but an empty race is not fun either, but again, getting hit hard so steering wheel is some % angle off and car slows in 1-2 secs per lap is a bitch  Angry but usually 2 or more people gets affected by it so the race is bound to have cars that are "bumbed" a tiny bit slower, but thats part of racing, staying on race, can actually make you win it, because there is still the slight chance that the poll spins off and even with damage you can get a pretty decent spot if you try hard, but again if everyone left, because of damage we will only have half a race every time 30 people signs up as is actually what usually happens at the moment.

2: Incident Average is entirely different from what i am suggesting. Im not saying anything negative to it, its how things work right now and it is great, but what i am suggesting is to get a seperate category put into the system calculation called "Leave Average" which should after my imagining, work together with Incident Average, calculate the 2 seperate categories together and then divide racers into server groups with that taken into consideration.

3: That is not correct, it is actually quite often i have seen enough people signed up for an event so it was divided into 2 servers, i've myself, the first time i played SRS, months ago, was put into server nr. 2 which had 8 players on it, which is quite much i think for a secondary server back then. (but i basically ended up driving the race alone, which is abit sad)

Now i have seen this "People Leaving" issue enough to address it.

And To your question Ivan, Yes, i would actually rather race with 5 clean racers, than 20 fast racers where 15 of them ends up leaving, because of the slightest reason and the other 5 is scattered all over the track, then 5 clean racers in close battles, is much more appealing.  Wink 

To finish off  Angel What i am suggesting with the "Leave Average" Category added into the server dividing calculations should not by any means close any possibility to join races for any SRS player, this system should only work if forced to divide players into 2 servers or more.

It will also not either change anything on how the system works on 1 server. (If not divided into 2 servers or more) Then of course it should just fill the server up, but players that "leaves race early" will get their racing profiles marked with a harsher decreasment in Rating, than if they had actually finished the full race.

I agree with that, if possible, it should be calculated with taken into consideration of *How many Laps is left when a Player leaves race* and *How much a Players vehicle is damaged* should affect to total punishment and minimize it by means calculated after *dmg recieved* and *laps left in race*.

Basically what i am suggesting, should after my head, "encourage" people to race till the Bitter End! Being proud of the spot they fighted to finish on, even if its not a poll spot, it can still be greatly fun. (It would personally encourage me more to finish the race, since it would be more rewarding in the end. Also when a lot of new people starts using SRS and it really gets popular, then i think this system would be really helpful to divide people better and make more appealing races for everybody)

Racing against someone who is slow, where you are slow only, because you recieved damage, then suddenly a person got a chance to make a pass on you where he normally wouldnt and get a little battle fun out of it while doing it, but is something that wont happen if half the racers keeps leaving the races just, because the gap got too big or if they got too much damage to get a poll position.

It is honestly not fair to the rest of the racers who expected a full active race and the rest who stays in the race usually is doomed to race alone, because suddenly half the race left... Also what fun is it really for those 10 or more players who left and feels bad or what do i know, over had wasted time on joining something that ended up being a fluke waste of time? Which they probably had looked forward to for quite a while when waiting for sign up and qualify! (Like the rest of us feels, who are left to drive alone)

Its a small slap in the face, but less of a slap if atleast everyone els keeps driving on even if they got hit bad. It's really only a matter of time when they stop signing up for the races when it keeps happening to them, but really re-entering the race is not a bad thing and can still be great fun, atleast more fun if everyone els in the race also keeps on going for the pleasure of the race and, or rating if thats your thing.  Big Grin

I am sorry, if i wrote abit much, but your answer just took alot too answer for me since it made me think of so much.  Angel
Skill is when Luck becomes Usual! Play Serious, but Fair and have Fun! Angel
Increase my city Transport! http://rawexity.myminicity.com/tra