Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear ending incidents.
Hello, I just came out of two races where my incident average was completely screwed over by people following way too close. Both of the races for me were ruined by this because of people tailgating me and tapping my bumper causing me to spin causing me to drop to places a lot lower than my qualifying position. My incidents went through the roof as well with 9 on the first and 16 on the second bringing my pretty clean 2.1 incident average to a 5.1 even though nearly all of the incidents weren't my fault in any shape or form. 

I would think since this happens so often with people tailing wayyyyyyy too close to others (about 75% of the crashes I see) I would think it would be at least helpful to the people that are victims of this shouldn't be penalized for having someone rear-end them.  Maybe an adjustment to the system to where it won't penalize the person if they are hit from behind by another player and only penalize the person that hit them. I would think this would be fair to the drivers that have to deal with this so it can be a little less frustrating when stuff like that does occur. Or people can just back off a little and give some room. 

Thanks.
(08-11-2018, 01:07 AM)Zach Thomas Wrote:  Or people can just back off a little and give some room. 

Thanks.

If you would have followed your own advice and pulled over and allowed the person who couldn't pass cleanly on their own, to pass you would have saved yourself a lot of incident points by the sounds of it. If a person taps you more than once you are better off to let them by because you'll lose more points in incidents, than you would lose by giving up the position. Clean racing should always the goal over race position.
(08-11-2018, 01:07 AM)Zach Thomas Wrote:  Maybe an adjustment to the system to where it won't penalize the person if they are hit from behind by another player and only penalize the person that hit them.

This is not going to happen for two reasons: 
1. I suspect it is difficult to detect even in simple cases. Keep in mind, that SRS is an overlay over existing games, so the ability of the system to extract information who was in the front and who was behind may be limited. Also, SRS is free so someone would have to devote time and effort to do that without any compensation

2. On top of that, it is not always fault of the one hitting from behind. Imagine two cases: A is following B very closely (slipstreaming), they approach a turn, A starts braking in the normal braking zone, B brakes too late and hits A.  Obviously B is at fault.  Second case: exactly the same, but A brakes hard well before the braking zone, B has no time to react and hits A. Obviously A is at fault. Designing an automatic system that would correctly distinguish such cases would be very hard.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
it is hard to tell the scenario 2 is so clear, i ams in some cars too braking earlier to have better exit, for example Mazda 787 , so the car in rear ust coint this too but there are nearly all try to overtake ASAP as they aproach you without read your style firstly
(08-11-2018, 04:19 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  it is hard to tell the scenario 2 is so clear, i ams in some cars too braking earlier to have better exit, for example Mazda 787  , so the car in rear ust coint this too but there are nearly all try to overtake ASAP as they aproach you without read your style firstly

This problem can be mitigated if some app in server stores the braking points for each turn and analyse like an median point to check if the braking point was a brake test or not, or using some anomaly detection algorithms like Cluster Analysis, pondered to the number of laps and amount of fuel in case of tyre degradation. Depending on the distance from the cluster, it can be named as an abnormal point that can be used to make someone who touch the rear end guilty or not.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)
just use your mirrors https://streamable.com/8xuhh
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020