Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mazda 787B series
(08-20-2018, 06:03 AM)Danny Kung Wrote:  Laguna Seca! oh how I love this track. Technically came 1st in the replay, but 2nd because his ping was better, it was that close!

Alex I was only reaching 32 hot on the rear, you sure the most grip is at 35psi hot, all four tyres?

Woah, when the ping is deciding a race it sure as hell was close Big Grin

And according to the sidekick app 31-32 are the optimum warm pressure.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Never thought such could happen, but I'm glad it did, very novel. That's one for the record books! Big Grin

Fronts are 28 psi hot but pretty sure dropping the pressure below 19 or having it higher than rear isn't a great idea. Maybe I should upgrade to sidekick, but not sure if my stone-age PC can handle it. Raceessentials has been good to me lol
(08-20-2018, 12:53 PM)Danny Kung Wrote:  Never thought such could happen, but I'm glad it did, very novel. That's one for the record books!  Big Grin

Fronts are 28 psi hot but pretty sure dropping the pressure below 19 or having it higher than rear isn't a great idea. Maybe I should upgrade to sidekick, but not sure if  my stone-age PC can handle it. Raceessentials has been good to me lol

Yeah my memory failed me there, ideal PSI is 30 front 32 rear according to sidekick. My starting pressures were 23 front 24 rear at Mugello, which gave me the precise ideal PSI during race conditions and with my setup and driving a bit gently to make softs last.

Sidekick is really worth a try, you can even get ideal PSI (and temps) for a mod car if you load that car once through Content Manager it calculates ideal and saves it in the app. This is the only thing I use CM for lol, one time per new mod car installed Smile
Woah. This car and Laguna Seca is a great combination!

You need to be so sensible on the brakes. Half of the corners need to be completely trail-braked into without much straight brake zones. So awesome.

I don't really use more than 50% of my brake pedal. Feels like the brake is made of porcelain and you need to be reeaaally gentle with it Big Grin
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Hey guys! Excellent series for racing, very daring machine, especially if you use the clutch and the "heel toe" method. I wanted to ask - can we expect this series of races in next season? And if there is a "vote" in which you can vote for this series, then tell me where? )) One more time - best series ever, we need endurace races ! Smile
The chance of repeating the series next season is next to null. Also there is no voting or anything for upcoming series. But maybe they'll introduce a endurance series with the car – I would love that :-)

Did anyone else feel like the races at Mugello were of incredibly poor quality? Does this track attract a lot of noobs? Maybe because it's very popular on the public servers?
Very sadly... awesome car, sooooo awesome... endurace races are dream)))
(08-22-2018, 08:10 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  The chance of repeating the series next season is next to null. Also there is no voting or anything for upcoming series. But maybe they'll introduce a endurance series with the car – I would love that :-)

Did anyone else feel like the races at Mugello were of incredibly poor quality? Does this track attract a lot of noobs? Maybe because it's very popular on the public servers?

Yeah I don’t think the standard was particularly high. I personally don’t normally do very well in high aero cars and somehow won 3 out of 4 races I did there, with also one 3rd place versus 2 aliens. It is not an easy car to drive tbf, but certainly did have much more close racing at Monza.
(08-22-2018, 08:10 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  The chance of repeating the series next season is next to null. Also there is no voting or anything for upcoming series. But maybe they'll introduce a endurance series with the car – I would love that :-)

Yeah, looking back I have to agree. The track itself is fast flowing and not the easiest to master given the combo but It's quite enjoyable I'm not so sure why the races involved so many incidents compared to seca. Maybe the track has simply been around longer, and also laguna seca is a real track, so it has more of an enthusiast following? Whereas people not familiar would not like to learn a whole new track they've not heard of.? Just spitballing here
Mugello in any fast car is an incident nightmare. The flow and width of the track is optimal for bikes but on four wheels, the combination of corners means overtaking cleanly is only really possible down the main straight. Slower cars you can get away with a bit more but GT3 races can be trouble at Mugello, let alone Group C cars.