Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixed vs Open setup comparison
I agree with your points, some default setups are really horrible and "dangerous", the one im now used to with the 488 was not that bad (laptimes talked) but it took away a lot of the fun with these fixed tyre pressures, on some tracks it wasn't feeling like a proper GT3, more like a hard riding old muscle cars or something like that, that was really weird. Judging by the amount of spins i ve seen in the whole series, i think it was most of the issue, it's also probably the most edgy GT3 to begin with and this wasn't needed at all to add that on top. I could not understand as well the point of having 200 fuel rate either in 20min, since there s no possible pit strategy (except the last 1h race), it just made the car heavy especially at race start for nothing, but 170 rate on tyre was actually very cool to me, it was really a bold move to go soft and try to make them last 20min x2 while being always loaded and some did well in medium too, so that something to dig i think for future series, only Brands Hatch it was physically impossible, and Barcelona was just madness but possible.

I believe you still get an advantage knowing at least the basics of setup even when it's fixed, since you can understand the issues and characteristics of the fixed setup has and try to work your way around, adapt your driving and so on. It might be an even bigger advantage this way than having open setup when people download random ones that can be also very bad like on the setup market.

Also always wanted to be able to set decimals of tyre pressures, im surprised nobody managed to find a workaround since with pro tyres you can see them, and yet we cannot do anything about it.

Messages In This Thread
Fixed vs Open setup comparison - by James Blint - 07-26-2018, 04:37 PM
RE: Fixed vs Open setup comparison - by Alex Leif - 07-26-2018, 05:14 PM
RE: Fixed vs Open setup comparison - by James Blint - 07-27-2018, 06:02 PM
RE: Fixed vs Open setup comparison - by Alex Leif - 07-27-2018, 02:23 PM