Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
doubt
(05-15-2020, 11:31 PM)Patrick Tamellini Wrote:  
(07-20-2018, 07:21 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(07-19-2018, 08:45 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  BTW, where did you even learn about the meaning of that? And how is it calculated? I see myself with 82, some 8, some a hundred and fifty plus. Probably worthless data if you wanna know if a driver is slow or fast, or clean and green whatever?

It just adds up the finishing positions (3rd, 7th, 10th, etc.) in a series but doesn't take into account the incidents acquired ....take the total number and divide by number of races and that's your average finish position but NOT average points for that position because SRS didn't deduct incident points in the SP column...lower is better but you have to take into account how many TOTAL races they have run in that series.....you could run 10 races at one track and 2 at another so it isn't really anything but a tie breaker I'm guessing. Mine says I raced 54 Caterham races with a total of 209 SP, which averages 3.87 (3rd or 4th)..... average for 5 different tracks so far.
Indeed Michael you are right

Since I just started with SRS (3 races this week) it was easy for me to verify that  SP is Sum (of race final) Positions. It would be much sensible thez provide an average of race final position (avg.RFP) 1 Big Grin
I think the idea is between two driver with the same average finishing position, the better driver is the one who did it in fewer races.

Remember that by this point in the comparison, the scoring system has already established that they have the same number of P1, P2, P3... so the person who did it with fewer races or better results below P3 (giving him a lower SP) wasn't trying as hard as the other guy, so he's better.