Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoring system - how does it work
Hi guys. First off all, as this is my first post on any SRS Foruns, I'd like to congratulate SRS team! What a AWESOME racing system. Assetto Corsa is undoubtly the best racing simulator, but online racing on public servers is one "adventure". With SRS, now we can "profissionalize" our hobbies. That's really nice!

Well, about the scoring system, I'm really lost trying to understand how the system calculate the score for each week on each track of the championships. I'll take my case as an example:
On the DTM 90's actual season, on the second week in Zandvoort, I raced seven races, with six victories and a third place as final results. Jaroslav Cerny raced 5 races, with 4 victories and a third place. And the score acomplished by him on that week is the score of the full victory, or 102 points. Mine was 100.1! With almost the same results Cerny had! If we consider the % of victories related to the total number of races raced on that week, his number is 80%, and mine is 85,7%.

I tryed to understand why there is this difference, but still didn't manage to discover it.

If anybody can explain to me how this scoring system works, I thank a lot!

Cheers,
Bruno Fabiano
Your question should be answered here http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php
You can race as many times as you like during the week:

• Up to 5 Races - Counts the best result (points including incidents);

• More than 5 races - Average of all your races.
Basically you can race up to 5 i think and it will take your "Highest" finishing points....over 5 races and it takes an average of ALL races for that track......unless you think you can get 102 every track, I just race as many as I want to and don't care about championship points because i can't win every track and 1 race a day in each car is Not enough for my racing addiction.... Cool Big Grin
What Kunst said, it's all explained there, I've also said before the rating as it is made now is anti competitive.

I'm more interested in how it actually sort results that have equal amount of championship points as they should either share the positions or extra metric should be used to determine the order such as "best race time achieved" or it could give extra points for fastest laps etc. Right now it's more of a lottery as to who will be in front when two people have the same points. It is not hard at all for even new players with no special skills to score 102 every week if they choose the correct time slot etc.
Luigi is a friend and we both know how we rank in DTMs to each other even when he drives Alfa and I drive an E30, the results do not reflect the actual performance as they ignore best/average race times, best laps, etc.
Then there is the endless issue of being put on tier 2 servers until you have around 400-500 SRS rating if you try and join a popular time slot, meaning even if you're the fastest it still puts you stupidly on server 2 as it ignores your actual performance almost completely and gives too much weight to SRS rating, even if you win on server 2 and do better race time than anyone on server 1 you still do not get awarded a win and the best you can get is 80 points. In the final results I think the secondary ordering is amount of wins and as such people that started with higher SRS rating have an advantage as they will not lose wins to SRS system putting them on server 2 etc.

It sure would be nice if the results were more competitive and performance based. For example 3 races minimum to get a score and always take say 3 best race times, corresponding final positions and best lap times with different weights into account. Also lock people into using 1 car for a whole championship so that there is no car swapping without point penalties mid championship.

If you're confused as to how people truly rank performance wise, look at race times and it will become quite clear.
I suggested some time ago a system that was based on the player in each server rather than this fixed way of scoring. The system was made so that the only way to get 102 points would be racing a server full of 1000 rated players since that is the theoretical most competitive race. People don't seem to agree with it and are fine with the current way o doing things. Also the rating system is a dick measuring contest anyway and if you race every race you get thrown into the top whether you like it or not.

About the "being thrown into server 2 when i'm super quick", Georg Ortner went to the top 200 with 600+ points in the first week at SRS and was top 100 in the 3rd week. So yeah .... If you are quick you will get there fast.
Also! You should be placed in a split acording to both your rating and championship placement. At least thats what it says on the rues. "Server positioning is determined by the drivers performance on the specific series & rating. In the first event only rating matters, then performance gets more weight than rating." So you only get screwd in the first race of the season, the second race should give you a boost if you place well.
Yep, there's way too much to understand regarding scoring overall, per season rating and server placement. Even if you have 500 or 600 plus ratings and you decided to race on the third week on a popular series, it may still place you on the second server just because many other drivers (slower than you) already scored points on the first 2 races and you start from zero in that series. It's a rabbit hole, not just here but in every "rated" racing forums/groups.. If you are serious about it, I mean the ratings and championships, it will take you there eventually. If you are just a casual racer, there's nothing more to ask. Just participate in every race you want and enjoy.
It's OK once you get a 400+ score and you watch out to not join a session filled with 80 people, but sometimes you have no choice as it can be 1 session a week and 1 session total for that car/track. Then even with a high score first race of a series is a mess and as I've said before there should be a sorting practice hotlap or a practice race with no scoring only for filtering/ordering people for a first scored race. This is how leagues used to do it, have 300 signed up for 30 slots available, gotta order them somehow and performance ordering is always better than some "magic" rating.

Almor R Sousa: The score raises OK for new fast drivers but it's certainly frustrating that SRS has rating based ordering instead of actual performance even when one has a decent rating. I've done 29 races so far, lost 2 because of getting wrecked but still finished top 3 (by endless overtakes at times) and the first or one of the first I finished 2nd with a disadvantaged car in multi car class. Not too bad though I hoped there would be more competition on SRS for sure.

The scores based on who you race with do not work for multiple sessions a week=car/track combo series. But it would work for 1 session for a combo.
I don't remember how CTRA did it, it had it's own scoring system, licenses to be able to drive cars, etc. It's long dead unfortunately and you can find threads about it on LFS forum https://www.lfs.net/forum/102-CTRA, videos on YouTube. Their web is dead http://www.raceauthority.com Used their own X-System, web, servers, etc. I suppose similar to what SRS is doing now with newer games. Don't remember the details of it though only used it a year or two? Not very long unfortunately and once it died the whole game almost died with it (as people left, the game itself lives and gets updates using a continuous development more or less), it was a big part.
(07-15-2018, 12:08 PM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  What Kunst said, it's all explained there, I've also said before the rating as it is made now is anti competitive.

I'm more interested in how it actually sort results that have equal amount of championship points as they should either share the positions or extra metric should be used to determine the order such as "best race time achieved" or it could give extra points for fastest laps etc. Right now it's more of a lottery as to who will be in front when two people have the same points. It is not hard at all for even new players with no special skills to score 102 every week if they choose the correct time slot etc.
Luigi is a friend and we both know how we rank in DTMs to each other even when he drives Alfa and I drive an E30, the results do not reflect the actual performance as they ignore best/average race times, best laps, etc.
Then there is the endless issue of being put on tier 2 servers until you have around 400-500 SRS rating if you try and join a popular time slot, meaning even if you're the fastest it still puts you stupidly on server 2 as it ignores your actual performance almost completely and gives too much weight to SRS rating, even if you win on server 2 and do better race time than anyone on server 1 you still do not get awarded a win and the best you can get is 80 points. In the final results I think the secondary ordering is amount of wins and as such people that started with higher SRS rating have an advantage as they will not lose wins to SRS system putting them on server 2 etc.

It sure would be nice if the results were more competitive and performance based. For example 3 races minimum to get a score and always take say 3 best race times, corresponding final positions and best lap times with different weights into account. Also lock people into using 1 car for a whole championship so that there is no car swapping without point penalties mid championship.

If you're confused as to how people truly rank performance wise, look at race times and it will become quite clear.

If you want that championship title just collect more win than Luigi... You have to risk to lose max points but it's doable as Luigi did in first round... 

Anyway you can't compare race Times because every race has different grip.. And different blue flag behavior :Smile

Fastest laps also can be tricky because of slipstream, because of different track grip etc.I don't know why but I think the track is faster on the the end of the week...
Track grip is almost always 100% on SRS as it raises in Q to 100% if server is not half full.

Race times are perfectly comparable even with these variances between races. For example average of best 3 of your race times for the multi session a week/combo championships. That way you can do as many races as you want unlike now where you're limited to 5 max otherwise you suffer same fate as Bruno did points wise. Yes there is variance between races, but you could do as many as you want and same as right now "smart it out" and play in sessions that have almost no people and no competition.
It can all be weighted as well, taking final position, race time, best times, even incidents as time penalties into account.

Right now the rating is fairly broken and easily exploitable. Ignoring performances for the most part. You can literally crawl across the finish line in one of morning sessions, baaaam 102 points right there.

Other solution would be to make a mandatory race for top 20 (or how many slots SRS allows) at the end of championship to make a final sorting. Letting top finally have a decent race all together after several months of trying to be in the same session to have a race.

The track is not faster at the end of week, nor do the less experienced seem to improve over a week by 1-2s as they could. Tried it with Spa, waited until Sunday to do my last races, it was the same slow show.

Said it before saying it again, the current scoring system is anti competitive.
(Yesterday, 10:48 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  Track grip is almost always 100% on SRS as it raises in Q to 100% if server is not half full.

Race times are perfectly comparable even with these variances between races. For example average of best 3 of your race times for the multi session a week/combo championships. That way you can do as many races as you want unlike now where you're limited to 5 max otherwise you suffer same fate as Bruno did points wise. Yes there is variance between races, but you could do as many as you want and same as right now "smart it out" and play in sessions that have almost no people and no competition.
It can all be weighted as well, taking final position, race time, best times, even incidents as time penalties into account.

Right now the rating is fairly broken and easily exploitable. Ignoring performances for the most part. You can literally crawl across the finish line in one of morning sessions, baaaam 102 points right there.

Other solution would be to make a mandatory race for top 20 (or how many slots SRS allows) at the end of championship to make a final sorting. Letting top finally have a decent race all together after several months of trying to be in the same session to have a race.

The track is not faster at the end of week, nor do the less experienced seem to improve over a week by 1-2s as they could. Tried it with Spa, waited until Sunday to do my last races, it was the same slow show.

Said it before saying it again, the current scoring system is anti competitive.
You are wrong :Smile
If it 's only 10 people race you can' t go as fast as ön full server. You can see 100% track grip on these Morning races but these are defenetly slower... 
100% isn't the max... No app shows it but the track is defenetly faster in full server... And I almost always do my PB on my Last race on the weekend even if I have small mistakes in my lap... 

Anyway daily series are the Rookie series... Skip them if you don't like the system and go for the YouTuber championship titles... Every race is mandatory... 
You can get 5-6 titles per season Smile