Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPA racing
Thank you Albert. I will try check it out.
I am not happy with SRS last 2 months, starting on server 1 on about 10th place and in 90% of races got bump from rear and and end last with huge gap to others and colect many crash points, tryed many times by protest but in most cases stated as racing incident so , so flustration grows up, protest are time consumpting (as using tripple i must change settings of game to make video and then set all back)

but as someone wrote many times this makes drivers with rating 600+ so hope that there will be something to solve this in near future
(07-17-2018, 03:41 AM)Albert Castro Wrote:  http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthrea...644&page=1

Good discussion with SRS going on here.

Was going ... closed Sad
(07-17-2018, 10:56 PM)Jorge Cercadillo Wrote:  
(07-17-2018, 03:41 AM)Albert Castro Wrote:  http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthrea...644&page=1

Was going ... closed Sad

People got too demanding with their requests... If you make it difficult for SRS to implement, then they won't want to change it.

A simple change to 10 incidents would have been awesome. I don't care if you get turned into a pin ball in the T1 pile up - either be faster, or give up a few positions in the beginning, and earn them back later after the first lap carnage. If you're +3 seconds off of the leader, you're not going to win the race anyway. At that point, the goal should be to run a clean consistent race, chances are if you can do that, you're likely better than half of the field. Safety and consistency first - speed will follow suit.

My worst race has been the 1hr Nurburgring Endurance-Cup, I still only managed 7 incidents. I really don't know how you're all racking up 10+ incidents.

Everyone wanted all these silly extra rules here and there. I would have been happy with a simple blanket change to 10 incidents = 3days / 15 incidents = 5 days / 20+ = 2 weeks.

If you make the consequences much higher, it will encourage better awareness as well - that means being mindful of the aggressive person behind you.
Oh well. I had a good endurance race last night. I did the 1Hr Nurburgring-GP and finished 5th with 0 incidents...
(07-18-2018, 03:48 AM)Albert Castro Wrote:  People got too demanding with their requests... If you make it difficult for SRS to implement, then they won't want to change it.

A simple change to 10 incidents would have been awesome. I don't care if you get turned into a pin ball in the T1 pile up - either be faster, or give up a few positions in the beginning, and earn them back later after the first lap carnage.

Then they should negotiate, instead of closing topics ...

About giving up positions in T1, what do you suggest, be always the last ?
Because sometimes I brake becouse I see an Accident, and someone hits my from behind ... too often in some series Sad

(07-18-2018, 03:48 AM)Albert Castro Wrote:  Everyone wanted all these silly extra rules here and there. I would have been happy with a simple blanket change to 10 incidents = 3days / 15 incidents = 5 days / 20+ = 2 weeks.

I just added 5 incs = 1 day and instand disqualification ... I think doesn't add too much complexity

BTW, in 1h races I have less complains, incidents are really incidents, and not wreckers ... last week I made 1h race at Nurburgring Endurance-Cup, and 4 indidents, all my fault, but avoiding contact with other drivers
(07-17-2018, 10:56 PM)Jorge Cercadillo Wrote:  

Was going ... closed Sad
Quote:The system is working as intended, there is no abuse.
As intended with no abuse? I beg to differ. Sure it's not a right in your eyes clean abuse kind of stuff but in a week any new player can figure out how to "play" the system be it incident wise or point awarding wise.

(07-18-2018, 10:02 AM)Jorge Cercadillo Wrote:  Then they should negotiate, instead of closing topics ...

About giving up positions in T1, what do you suggest, be always the last ?
Because sometimes I brake becouse I see an Accident, and someone hits my from behind ... too often in some series Sad

Nothing helps with it, not even in real life racing, people are nuts, don't drive safe no matter what, what they do in real is deploy a safety car with track wide yellow flag, or they red flag it and start again with penalizing any offenders to start last etc. KMR server app does this automatically, when there are too many collisions in lap 1 it automatically restarts until people freakin' learn to make a clean enough lap 1.

Mid pack it is difficult to go contact free, if you go fast and overtake people don't use mirrors and don't even see you overtaking them often, pushing you out in corners if you even have any space to overtake to begin with. On top of that if an inexperienced driver is trying to follow you and brakes when your brake lights turn on, they will fly out or even take you out from behind as your braking was spot on with no safety zone left to exploit.

If you go a little slower and safer you get plowed from behind.
And if you manage to survive you crash into a pile of cars that formed usually from top 4-8 crashing. And even if you see them and manage to slow down enough to avoid the wrecks/spinning cars on track, someone else will plow you from back.

Doesn't matter if it's public, organized, league or real racing, it's all the same bloody mess, the more lenient the rules the bigger mess it is especially for sprint races.

On public where the difference between slow and fast is big, probably same on SRS, you can start from pits or do not do Q, then try and overtake it all, even then you gotta go through a lot of wrecks, people defending too aggressively causing contacts, ...

The only thing that works is qualify top 3 and get the hell away from the pack, hoping not to get wrecked in first 5 corners. Hell sometimes they wreck even before T1 on a straight, pushing and sandwiching, completely unaware of cars beside them and what line they ought to drive for side by side racing.

And it's not as if top 3 go easy on each other, when latencies for both cars are sub 50ms and stable it can be a bumper to bumper racing at times. But clean drivers try not to bump the car they want to overtake and if they do and it's their undeniable fault, they yield the position or slow down and not finish the overtake after accidentally bumping someone too much.

(07-18-2018, 10:02 AM)Jorge Cercadillo Wrote:  I just added 5 incs = 1 day and instand disqualification ... I think doesn't add too much complexity

BTW, in 1h races I have less complains, incidents are really incidents, and not wreckers ... last week I made 1h race at Nurburgring Endurance-Cup, and 4 indidents, all my fault, but avoiding contact with other drivers

Adding the penalties and altering rules is not a hard thing to do if the system already has all the collision/incident detection etc. which it must have right now. It's simply balancing out penalties to promote more clean racing. There are a few ways to do this and subtracting championship points is not one that bothers most people who drive poorly.

It doesn't take a genius to add a limit of 1 incident per 2-5 seconds gain at maximum so that when you get wrecked from behind and then plow through the field it doesn't suddenly give you 10 incidents but only 1-2. These counting, who hit who first and delays/time for counting are not so hard to do in code.

Hopefully they have read the suggestions and will take them into consideration for when they are updating the incident/penalties and point awarding systems.
Hopefully they have read the suggestions and will take them into consideration for when they are updating the incident/penalties and point awarding systems.
[/quote]

".....for when we are updating the incident/penalties and point awarding systems."   said SRS never....lol
I ve experienced the KMR restarts a few times on Spa. 3 times all top 5 on the grid take T1 perfectly and big wreck show in the back = 3 restarts. 4th time 3rd rams off track 1st and 2nd, no restart cause it wasn't enough collisions. That's just a terrible system that actually encourage people to go all in mario kart at race starts because why not take great risks when you know everybody is going to do it and if it fails it's could be a restart anyway, it turns into a bigger gambling game.

No automatic system will ever be perfect, SRS for now is a good compromise, there are a few things that could be ironed out, i agree about the multiple hits for short timeframe but the only thing that could be a real step forward i think would be having race marshalls, with a huge community im sure some could be interested into doing it. At least for top splits to give time penalties, drive through, trigger yellow flags etc.. and go 100% damage instead.
I don't even bother with qualifying anymore. I always try to start last.

I'm not fast enough to get into top 5, and if I run a full 10/10ths pace qualifying lap, i'll end up somewhere 8-15, which ensures I'll get destroyed in T1 / Lap 1.

I run qualifying for practice, and stop right at the start/finish line, and "go back to pits" then run a fresh lap and repeat to get warmed up. I don't post a lap time in qualifying with the hopes of gridding in position 20-24.
To be honest I find myself having more fun doing something similar... which is just not even showing up for qualifying until like 1 minute left. Instead I practice offline with 100% grip instead of wasting my time on a sub-optimal track to practice on. After joining at the last minute I get the added bonus of enjoying passing a good number of slower drivers like I'm playing Pole Position back at the arcade as a child. I typically still end up placed where I would during Qualifying at the end of the race, without the annoyance of having people plow into my ass on T1 because I'm reaction braking to the crowd in front of me, or similar. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz