Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great SRS Platform
(06-27-2018, 11:31 AM)Rafael Jimenez Wrote:  
(06-27-2018, 11:23 AM)Jorge Cercadillo Wrote:  SRS is great, the best of it's genre ...

But it could be much better ... I wouldn't mid to pay a fair price so they have more ressources to improve it.

As one day the admin answered me, it is not about resources, but about participation .

Ressources could bring more participation ... with someone hired to check the incidents for example.

Every improvement would bring more participants !!!!
And make actual participant race more offten ...
I do not disagree but thinking about it a bit ...
-Free national championships are held free of charge (they do not reach a minimum of participation and therefore are changed to the following 3 countries).
- Practice servers are requested for the categories. Currently, private servers that are used for practice have little or very little activity.
-You have to conduct races with good Youtubers to increase participation even if we only reach 3 or 4 servers = 80 people.
- Careers are requested with setup fixed to increase the participation but this does not increase with respect to the open categories.

I agree with you in improving the system, there are many things that can be done, such as creating teams, endurance races, etc ... but for the moment this does not increase participation ... I speak of having 2000 active people online keep going.
Money can also be used to bring more youtubers ...
On the subject of participation, it would be interesting to know how many races have a full 92 participants. And even more interesting to know how many more would have registered on top of the 92. You can imagine if it fills up say 20m before race start, there would easily be another server full of people that would then fail to get in, as there is always a rush of registering in last 15 min or so before race.

I just failed to get into the Digiprost GT3 race as coming out of the race before about 20 mins before, it was already full. And there were quite a few of us waiting to try and get a place right up until 5 minutes to, a couple of lucky sods got in lol! I remembered in fact last week I saw before registering for the Caterham race that the Digiprost race was already getting very full, so I skipped the Caterham race and got into the GT3. This week I forgot to check and just did the Caterham race as normal, gutted I couldn't get into the GT3 race but shit happens lol.

I wonder if there is going to be a point where there is the possibility of more than 92 drivers for a race? Otherwise if people turn away cos they can't get in at the time they want to race, its no use saying well the servers aren't as full the rest of the day so no reason to add capacity, as the unlucky ones have already gone back to iracing or whatever. Not sure how much I could stick to SRS if I could not do 2 races in a row regularly, because coming out of one race the next is already full. That just wouldn't do it for me tbf, and I really love SRS Smile So I really hope some added capacity can be considered! Keep up the great work!
Sure money can bring in more youtubers, however that doesn't mean participation would increase across the board. Take The Simpit series for example, I know for a fact that at least a third of the people that participate in that series don't participate in anything else and are only here because they're Simpit fans and if Simpit stopped sponsoring a series they would forget about SRS. As it is now where they are sponsoring series for mutual advertisement it's fine because a few of them will stick around and participate in other series. If you start giving money out to youtubers to sponsor a series then you would have to pay them all. The cost wouldn't be worth the small amount of new regulars that would be retained.
Then you have to consider that this may push away the regulars that are already here.

I hope someday that SRS is big enough and populated enough that a fee could be implemented with little risk and high reward to the admin... However I don't think that time is now. The best option I see for right now is ads and donations.
This is just my opinion of course and should be regarded as such, I am by no means a business guru. Smile
Plus ACC is coming with its own rating and matching system... What's going to happen with SRS? How is it going to adapt, if at all?

I love SRS and its community and would love to see it keep going somehow...
I was having the same thoughts on the future of SRS but I think there is nothing to worry about.
As far as we know ACC only focuses on the Blancpain GT3 series, right?
The general tone in here suggests that there are people who don't want to race a GT3 car 24/7 therefore I'm pretty sure that SRS will prevail for all those who wanna race something different - just look at the current season.
Let's wait and see!
I think that the ACC hype will impact the participation of SRS. However, once the storm has passed, many simracers will return to SRS as a complement to ACC.
Assuming that you do not have a powerful online competition system (iracing type) such as GT Sport, which does allow you to participate in the 2 simulators.

Oh, and pointing to the title of the thread, congratulations also for the community. In few places you can discuss, talk and launch ideas in a constructive and respectful way.
+1

Thank You SRS Community!

(06-28-2018, 09:49 AM)Rafael Jimenez Wrote:  I think that the ACC hype will impact the participation of SRS. However, once the storm has passed, many simracers will return to SRS as a complement to ACC.
Assuming that you do not have a powerful online competition system (iracing type) such as GT Sport, which does allow you to participate in the 2 simulators.

Oh, and pointing to the title of the thread, congratulations also for the community. In few places you can discuss, talk and launch ideas in a constructive and respectful way.
SRS will survive cuz not everyone would have an alien gamer pc to run ACC, also ACC development and multiplayer system would be slow (half year-years?--look at iracing) . It will have only gt3 in the origins...is gonna be slow.

In the worst case SRS would use AC for the rest of the content (non gt3, that is huge) and the many people that can not or dnt want to upgrade to ACC.

The unique defect that i see on SRS is the difficulty to keep the races clean, it is difficult to penalize the crashers and they destroy the racing experience (and your car, and of course they dont wait for you hahah) , i feel frihtened when i know that in turn one i have 5 guys behind hahaha, , but it is the best and FREE platform for AC.

Yep 92 racers is the top, but is so much several servers running and we dont pay a cent. 

Agai SRS thanks for working and offering this great platform.
SRS SPAIN , www.youtube.com/c/deracingx