Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: What ABS/TC is allowed on SRS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
None allowed
5.88%
1 5.88%
Factory only
88.24%
15 88.24%
Non factory allowed
0%
0 0%
External/hacks allowed
5.88%
1 5.88%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non factory ABS/TC is allowed on SRS?
I'm curious: is non factory ABS or TC allowed on SRS servers? I thought it's factory only but from watching replays certain drivers/cars appear to use a digital ABS allowing them to trail brake hard into corners while other cars have no such thing in same replay and they lock their tyres. Meanwhile throttle looks smoothly controlled on cars in question but the braking appears to go digital hard ON/OFF when tyres slip too much.

It would be great if SRS was set to factory ABS+TC only not to non-factory as well.

If it's set to factory only and some cars appear to have digital ABS brakes slip protection (when such car has no ABS functionality in AC and thus it must be added externally), does this then classifies as a cheat in SRS rules and should be reported?
It's factory only. One thing to note in AC is that in replays you can see the fine throttle control but the brakes will only show as on/off. You'd have to ask Kunos why they did that.
What does OP mean? Is this set up issue being able to change it? One thing that looks weird in AC is the replay and live youtube videos, (not SRS fault) the cars look like they are drifting even if they are not. I watched my own replay once and my car looked too much sideways when cornering but I don't remember myself knowing how to drift... LOL Anyways, TC and ABS I can adjust them however I want and that's always been the case since I started here. I don't know if that's an issue or not.
(06-19-2018, 09:39 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  It's factory only. One thing to note in AC is that in replays you can see the fine throttle control but the brakes will only show as on/off. You'd have to ask Kunos why they did that.

Thank you that would definitely explain it. I will try test it but then again I know from previous experience that my own car in replay will probably have different data than opponents and thus making the test irrelevant.
The replays in AC are a total mess with huge sizes to kill it all.

(06-20-2018, 03:45 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  What does OP mean? Is this set up issue being able to change it? One thing that looks weird in AC is the replay and live youtube videos, (not SRS fault) the cars look like they are drifting even if they are not. I watched my own replay once and my car looked too much sideways when cornering but I don't remember myself knowing how to drift... LOL Anyways, TC and ABS I can adjust them however I want and that's always been the case since I started here. I don't know if that's an issue or not.

A replay quality can be set in the launcher, though setting it other than default used to cause issues if you wanted to play the replay and have set different settings than what the replay was recorded on... oh yeah, endless AC replay issues Sad But that is probably resolved now.
You can see cars "drifting", warping/teleporting because people connect to SRS servers with poor internet connections be it their latency is 100ms+ even but also jitter can make them warp unpredictably.
AC does not simulate opponent cars unlike LFS  Confused As such it relies only on positions and basic parameters reported such as angles, that's it. Why are the replays then so huge compared to LFS? I have no idea.
As a result you can see cars cornering at weight angles, sliding all 4 wheels sideways quite often, if the opponent has poor connection then they tend to warp/teleport forward and back but may also teleport to sides when cornering = disasters when racing close.

AC has ABS/TC:
  1. defined in car data for cars that have factory ABS/TC
  2. defined in AC itself for servers that allow enabling them on any car when non-factory ABS/TC is allowed
  3. on top of that AC also has hidden forced = unable to disable, helpers for braking, throttle, clutch, shifting when someone is using non wheel input in AC such as AC keyboard input maybe also gamepad input, but also if you do not have a clutch pedal, h-shifter, axle handbrake some of these will get enabled automatically without any control over it given to user (this is a big difference compared to LFS that was "raw" and didn't force anything on anyone and such helpers could also be force disabled/banned by servers as these features were reported during online session as to who is using them or not)
  4. AC may report telemetry data to other applications, I do not know at what rate or if with any anti cheating delay but that is a clear way to cheat for sure if there is no delay and you get instant access to slip

That about sums up the 4 ways someone can have ABS/TC etc. in AC.
What's the difference between the quality settings in replay? I changed it to High for 1h races, i don't see what it does, i guess that's not graphical but in the way it records datas. Anyone knows?
It's a frequency of recording the data IMHO. I think I always have it set to high but that was not the default and then there used to be a problem when someone wanted to play replays that were recorded at a different quality setting. Why does AC have such setting or what is all that bloat in replays making them so huge I don't know, ask Kunos really. LFS had tiny replays in comparison nice and smooth all cars simulated and position verified but in AC I don't know precisely how it does it IMHO it uses positions and angles of objects only and the rest is some endless bloat, one would think it's telemetry data but then when you show telemetry in AC app you can't see it, so go figure really.