Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MK-MotorsportDTM90
Per request, E30 DTM on Spa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qDXuhYaYo

YouTube will eventually process it to VP9 with better quality, wait a little if 1440p60 doesn't show up.

Alfa 156 lap at Nurburgring GP with time of - 2.10.043. Not the fastest Alfa time, but still can be useful for most of the drivers.
https://youtu.be/cbMTBhP6efM
Battle for championship in last race, I think SRS TV missed it, so here it is with a rear view camera from replay streamed to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocbTuLL_7i4

There could be 1 hick up around last sector of 2nd to last lap, trying streaming to YouTube so I don't have to upload it as a video for a long long time instead. Let me know if it's too choppy or something is wrong quality wise. Hopefully it will process to VP9 after some time but the 1440p60 AVC doesn't look too bad either considering it's a 20mbps stream upload. Seems to cut off a few seconds too early, probably a length of their buffer. VP9 version doesn't cut off the end early now.
For those wondering about what DTM car starts faster and how come my E30 is harder to overtake on start with an Alfa than other people:

Drag 200m, no idea what the first number delay is and it's damn high, differs per car for sure so it's a reaction time and how fast can the car start moving.

E30 DTM: 964ms, 8.1", 157km/h, 3 gears
155Ti V6: 924ms, 7.8", 156km/h, 4 gears
Mer190E: 1059ms, 8.3", 156km/h, 3 gears, can't start Merc well would have to learn it better, by default it overspins as it lacks a movable trunk weight in AC, AC doesn't support dynamic weight systems and their dynamic changes to weight balancing and inertias

Drag 500m (1000m is too long and 6th maxes out):

E30 DTM: 969ms, 13.9", 209km/h, 5 gears
155Ti V6: 865ms or 895ms, 13,6", 207km/h, 5 gears
Mer190E: 1030ms, 14.3", 207km/h, 5 gears

Nurburgring setup for all of them, except 190E I had to make because I didn't have one.

As you can see Alfa is the fastest by 0.3s be it on 200m 3-4 gear (Alfa needs 4 so it loses a bit on 200m compared to other 2 cars that only use 3 gears for 200m), it's actually more than 0.3s on Alfa barely under 200m, and for 500m in 5th gear max it's still 0.3s faster than E30. 190E isn't that great for starting but who would have guessed, it has always been that way, it overspins tyres easily.

How is it my E30 start well? It's not about the car it's about driver, watch replays and see when I start accelerating and when other cars do, reaction times is all it's about. This is easy to see on equal cars competing. Nothing more to it, reaction time.

Alfa will go side by side on starts with an E30 (when E30 starts 1 position better) or even overtake it on start when both start well. Alfa on softs literally flies by.

The gears are not as adjustable on Alfa but top speed wise it's same as E30 when both have similar top gear. Merc should not be far off either.
Damn it came down to number of wins for you to take the championship, i wonder what it would have been if you also had the same amount of 2nd and 3rd and even same avg incident, could it be sp or number of number races like the table order suggest? I know it likely won't ever happen but bothers me to know  Smile

For better starts i also think it's mostly reaction time (can be technical issues like input lag) and some basics like 1st gear slip (a bit isn't too bad), TC if any, starting tyre pressures to some extent
Yeah I'm new to SRS so I didn't think it will be so to end up about number of wins being the sorting mechanism instead of race times or other actual performance measures, but it became clear later on that is the case a number of wins and so on sorting in some undisclosed manner... Otherwise I would have done the 2 boring Mugello races and save myself the trouble at the end Big Grin

My best guess is the order of importance is so:
Total, Wins, 2nd, 3rd, Inc.Av., SP, Races

Doesn't matter if you snailed around or not, irrelevant to SRS. You can literally do early morning races for easy wins at almost any pace and SRS rating, point awarding and sorting is happy with that. Would be nice if it included who beat who in a race, what race and average times they had etc. That way it's less exploitable.

Another thing is to block quitting in last minute of singup, so that who ever sings up in last minute is there and can't change their mind, that's another exploit that I've seen used. Or simply hide the sign up list altogether but I think the 1 minute to end of signup = no quit anymore is a better solution.

---

Starting pressures are pretty much ideal with SRS weather on rear tyres.
The rest is use clutch = don't stall like most with E30. Reaction time is important for sure and it can sway it one or the other way. I've had some late starts and was overtaken by Alfas, but also good starts relatively speaking with AE86 Tuned in it's series. Some people struggle with starts some do not.

There is no TC on DTMs Wink On GT3s the TC is hella annoying and makes you stall.

I did try and practice Alfa for Nurburgring but in the end decided that I'm gonna stick with E30 and my plan to use E30 exclusively. The Alfa has safe starts unlike E30 which is advantageous for those 6+ races in a week and I had to risk extra 4 starts = risk to get hit from behind in T1 by Alfas, people have been fairly courteous luckily and no hits happened.
(08-01-2018, 04:10 PM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  Another thing is to block quitting in last minute of singup, so that who ever sings up in last minute is there and can't change their mind, that's another exploit that I've seen used. Or simply hide the sign up list altogether but I think the 1 minute to end of signup = no quit anymore is a better solution.

Regarding this, I believe you can quit up until 5 min before race start, exactly the same moment you can sign up until. So to be tactical you just sign up with 20s to go and hope the other guy won't have refreshed the page lol. At the 5min mark the quit button changes to "please wait" and thus you are committed to the race. If you genuinely can't race / have to run out etc. and you were fully locked in to the race then you would get a 48h ban for not participating, so that wouldn't really be fair.
It seems like only like the 10 fastest guys in a series would even have the ABILITY to use any of these exploits, as you have illustrated. Are you really saying that the top drivers on SRS are winning championships by ducking out of races they don't think they can win, and ONLY racing in "easy morning races"? In what universe does a fast driver NOT want to race against people as fast as (or faster) than they are? Especially when the stakes are so insanely low as winning a championship here on SRS?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(08-01-2018, 07:56 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Regarding this, I believe you can quit up until 5 min before race start, exactly the same moment you can sign up until. So to be tactical you just sign up with 20s to go and hope the other guy won't have refreshed the page lol. At the 5min mark the quit button changes to "please wait" and thus you are committed to the race. If you genuinely can't race / have to run out etc. and you were fully locked in to the race then you would get a 48h ban for not participating, so that wouldn't really be fair.
Doesn't work. I can guess and try join the very very last second but if I joined 5s to go so that I don't accidentally miss it, some still quit in the last 2 seconds as they do wait and refresh it on purpose, plus it's easy to see there is suddenly someone above or near you in the list on top of the list.

Having a sign up until 5 min before but quit only until 6 min before gives you a 1 minute window of you sign up you're going, no quitting anymore. 1min is not something harsh :p 1day or 1hour sure, stuff happens gotta go somewhere do something but 1min... nah.
(08-01-2018, 10:45 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  It seems like only like the 10 fastest guys in a series would even have the ABILITY to use any of these exploits, as you have illustrated. Are you really saying that the top drivers on SRS are winning championships by ducking out of races they don't think they can win, and ONLY racing in "easy morning races"? In what universe does a fast driver NOT want to race against people as fast as (or faster) than they are? Especially when the stakes are so insanely low as winning a championship here on SRS?
I think that is not common and I'm quite surprised Luigi's behavior in this series. 
I think most top drivers joined to SRs to fight and not for hotlapping in the lead. 
At least I quite often see more 800+ drivers on the list...