Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caterham's driving wheel side
(06-28-2018, 06:49 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Just wanted to stop by and say thank you to Mr SRS for putting up a car like this, man does it provide some close racing! Also many thanks to the creators - look forward to the next update if this is only a WIP lol!

I don't think I have ever had as much side by side action as in this car, just had a race where for 10mins was side by side, CONSTANTLY, absolutely epic racing. I have seen 3 wide and even sometimes 4 wide and also very clean racing from where I have seen, magnificent stuff! The other day I watched 1st to 3rd battle for the whole race solidly, and today I battled side by side backwards and forwards over half the race, thanks Laszlo and Michael for an epic run there!

See you on the track Smile

It's a slow car so it provides for more close racing than you can get with other overpowered cars. We plan to update before August.
Right now it's sort of a placeholder physics wise from the 1700 and there will be quite a few changes. It is rather difficult to get data from anyone close to the real cars, often busy or forget, you know how it goes.
They do seem to use our mods (possibly for training before putting people in the real car for first time) so I will try get them provide at least some feedback on it if not any data.

In general it will probably have more grip both front and rear. As aero will reduce aero understeer and rear camber will reduce rear sliding from insufficient camber.
(06-29-2018, 09:14 AM)László Nagy Wrote:  
(06-28-2018, 08:34 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(06-28-2018, 06:49 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Just wanted to stop by and say thank you to Mr SRS for putting up a car like this, man does it provide some close racing! Also many thanks to the creators - look forward to the next update if this is only a WIP lol!

I don't think I have ever had as much side by side action as in this car, just had a race where for 10mins was side by side, CONSTANTLY, absolutely epic racing. I have seen 3 wide and even sometimes 4 wide and also very clean racing from where I have seen, magnificent stuff! The other day I watched 1st to 3rd battle for the whole race solidly, and today I battled side by side backwards and forwards over half the race, thanks Laszlo and Michael for an epic run there!

See you on the track Smile

Yes that race is getting more side by side action up front than I've ever seen...was beautiful....times were so close. replay here>  https://acstuff.ru/s/RBdjJmbnFrNWl5dXJld3Yz    ( I did it yesterday with some guy's first ever race @ SRS so i hope he's happy)..but to do it with Laszlo and you was definitely the best and fastest laps I've ever done. 1:54.96  best lap ever for me.    http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=3674

I enjoyed this crazy race too... After Q (1:54.1 without slipstream) I didn't expect that Smile I screwed up my start and Alex could overtake me...After that there was one of you next to me in almost every turn ...Slipstream battle for the whole race... That reminds me the Crazy Shelyby Cora race át Monza66... 

And what a finish Michael! I managed to overtake you by 2 milisecundum :Smile (and achieved 900+ rating with this Smile )

900 !!!  what an achievment ! Congratulations Laszlo ! was an honor to be beside you for so long.
How is the splipstream right now in AC with the available Academy? From my experience the slipstream in AC with any car is rather short. There should be a considerable gain from reduced drag when drafting with Caterhams but I'm not sure it can be replicated as it would probably have to be adjusted with server settings slipstream.
(06-29-2018, 12:07 PM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  How is the splipstream right now in AC with the available Academy? From my experience the slipstream in AC with any car is rather short. There should be a considerable gain from reduced drag when drafting with Caterhams but I'm not sure it can be replicated as it would probably have to be adjusted with server settings slipstream.

The slipstream works fine until you pull out of it, thus the constant side by side racing.
Yeah that's kind of a never ending issue with AC at default settings of 1.0 splistream. If I remember right what French wrote there is about 2sec a lap gain from drafting that lap, it was a lot, said it was a big gain (time wise) to draft. But my luck in AC overall with drafting is that I have to be very very close for the draft to work at all (you can check Mugello DTM where I chase an Alfa 155 and literally have to stay on it's rear glued to have a chance of a draft for the straight). In LFS it seemed to be much more longer distance to get into draft as far as I remember.

Will see later after updates when doing races how the slipstream is.
Right now it probably helps but not from much far away, then when you exit draft the drag hits you and your speed stops climbing.

Thanks.
IIRC the slipstream in AC starts at 0.5s behind the car in front, beyond that there is zero slipstream effect. Not sure how realistic that is but at least the effect distance changes with speed due to being determined by time split and not actual distance..