Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race Starts
I've tried looking through the forums for a bit, but I can't find any information on the starts.  As a beginner I am quite confused on what a 'fast standing start' is.
Could anybody help me out?
it's a regular standing start
My guess is "fast" means that you get teleported from pits to the grid and are not required to drive a lap around or otherwise drive from pits to the grid by yourself. Why else does it say "fast" no idea either, it's confusing and I don't think you can find the starting procedure explained in regulations on SRS which would normally answer the question.
Fast also means secured, meaning stopped. like "Fastened" "fasten your seat belt" "held fast"

it's easy to get misunderstood since we are here for the racing, and in racing situation fast would easily mean speed and not tied down.
Is fast standing start just quicker starting than standard ie 1min standard on grid opposed to 30secs? so you get penalty sooner if you mess around in settings too long Smile
(07-14-2018, 10:43 AM)Jason Whetton Wrote:  Is fast standing start  just quicker starting than standard ie 1min standard on grid opposed to 30secs? so you get penalty sooner if you mess around in settings too long Smile

Ha Ha !!...I've done that so many times .....get so involved with a setup and miss the timer, start in the pits...so mad @ myself....you have to beat the 5 sec mark.
Yeah AC has a nice way of teleporting cars around magically in and out of grid, very realistic Big Grin SciFi at it's best.