Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make less painful races !
Hey Albert,

My race philosophy exactly!

(07-01-2018, 11:57 PM)Albert Castro Wrote:  My goal is not to win the race, but to finish the race cleanly without incidents. This means being aware of the drivers around me. If someone is too aggressive, I let them pass and see if i can keep up and force them to make an error by putting the pressure on from behind. Many times I find drivers that are only fast for a few laps but are not consistent. I can usually pressure them into crashing or spinning off track. However, if they pull away from after I let them pass, it means they are faster and should be in front of me, not behind me rear ending me 5x through a race trying to pass me.
(07-02-2018, 12:47 PM)Gordon Jacobson Wrote:  Hey Albert,

My race philosophy exactly!

(07-01-2018, 11:57 PM)Albert Castro Wrote:  My goal is not to win the race, but to finish the race cleanly without incidents. This means being aware of the drivers around me. If someone is too aggressive, I let them pass and see if i can keep up and force them to make an error by putting the pressure on from behind. Many times I find drivers that are only fast for a few laps but are not consistent. I can usually pressure them into crashing or spinning off track. However, if they pull away from after I let them pass, it means they are faster and should be in front of me, not behind me rear ending me 5x through a race trying to pass me.
It certainly worked for you on the Nordschleife in the Praga R1 series Gordon. You finished last (Out of the people who actually finished) but you certainly weren't last points wise due to keeping that incident count low Smile
Will,

As Dirty Harry once said "A man's got to know his limitations."   Wink
(06-15-2018, 08:24 AM)Rafael Jimenez Wrote:  Courage Lionel, we all have bad spells, but keep in mind that according to your rating increase, the race partners (in theory) will have more experience and playing time in SRS and therefore more adjusted races.

Even in upper splits, the problems he said are happening ...
The penalty system is not working, the races are as clean/dirty as they are on Assetto/Raceroom if you play on random servers.
If you are in the 4 first positions of the grid, that can change ... but we need a system with clean races for everybody, not just for the fastest ones !!!!

If we start reporting every incident, the staff will not have time to check all reports. we need much more severe penalties.

I'm gonna change my strategy, and not braking when I see an indicent, because most of the times I do, someone hits me on the back, I'm sure that will reduce my indicent ratio, even it I hit some innocent people.

How long since the last time they changed the penalty system ? That should be evolving ... there is much place for improvement
If we negate the problem, they'll never improve it Sad
I would like races that cap average incidents at 2.0 or less rather than rating of 500 or higher.

The focus being on clean racing rather than outright winning.
(07-15-2018, 10:33 PM)Albert Castro Wrote:  I would like races that cap average incidents at 2.0 or less rather than rating of 500 or higher.

Hmmm, not a bad idea, IMO.
(07-15-2018, 10:33 PM)Albert Castro Wrote:  I would like races that cap average incidents at 2.0 or less rather than rating of 500 or higher.

That's a very good idea, but first, average incidents must be balanced, if you do 1h races in some circuits, it's very easy to increase your average.

I have now 2.6 average incident, and I have no motivation to get it down, once I see a dirty guy, my goal now is "he will not pass, no matter how much incidents I'll have"
If they guy is clean and faster than me, I don't close the door, even sometimes I release a moment the Throtle for making it safer.
Rating evaluates everything, not just incs, that's why it is used to limit entrance.

As for incidents, use the protest form.