Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oreca skinning issues - custom skins not showing on SRS
Hello all, 

As indicated in the title, there seems to be an issue regarding uploading your custom Oreca skin to SRS servers. On the YouTube stream, all custom skins appear in a flat navy blue colour, and when someone else uses a custom skin, the SRS skin transfer app seems to recognise that there are custom skins present on the server but does not attempt to download them.  Is this a problem on SRS' side or is this really the skin itself acting up? Although complicated because the Oreca skin template is iffy, skinning seems to work on this car but nothing shows up in races.

Cheers,
À Concerned "Artist"
Interviewer: ”What makes TAG Heuer special?” - Kimi Raikkonen: “It’s okay.”
i had skinned Alfa romeo Giulia and on YT it was plain whiteinstead green metalise and at DTM i use yellow Kodak skin (original i thing) and on YT stream it apears as plain red so some cars has problem with skins
If a skin isn't available on whatever client is showing the skin, it'll show whatever the default skin is for that car. Typically it's plain white, but sometimes the default is some other color (I've seen both solid blue and solid red on different cars before that I knew were supposed to be custom skins). I know the SRSTV client in the past has had issues with updating already uploaded skins on occasion, but I'm not sure if that was every reproduced perfectly nor adjusted with any fixes.

I've kind of hung up my skinning of cars in the last couple of months, so really I don't know what the state of things are with uploading. I have successfully downloaded new Caterham skins in the last couple of days, so it isn't ENTIRELY broken, I don't think.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Custom liveries for certain mod cars do seem to have issues with the skin transfer app. The Lancia Fulvia a few season ago constantly gave the "Skins unavailable" message and I noticed the Oreca has been doing the same.

As for Kunos cars 99% of the time it works, occasionally it will fail for 1 race but then work fine in the next one. If you are having constant issues with Kunos cars then it could be something on your end, it's worth checking anyway (Wrong folder/file names, Livery is over 9.45mb)
Thanks for the answers guys.

Well then, I guess the Oreca prototype isn't supported completely by the SRS skin transfer app. Too bad, I had made a kick a** skin for this series as I don't necessarily enjoy the other "slower" touring car series that are up this month on SRS Sad hopefully the skin transfer app gets updated soon or something...

Cheers!
Interviewer: ”What makes TAG Heuer special?” - Kimi Raikkonen: “It’s okay.”
The oreca should already work on the next race.