Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hi guys,

Hello from Stoke on Trent in the UK. New to SRS today. Really enjoyed my first race, was fourth with 4 mins to go and run out of fuel!!!! 
Looks like i have a wee bit to learn lol. really look forward to more racing with you guys.

Michael
(06-11-2018, 09:50 PM)Michael Fitzpatrick Wrote:  Hi guys,

Hello from Stoke on Trent in the UK. New to SRS today. Really enjoyed my first race, was fourth with 4 mins to go and run out of fuel!!!! 
Looks like i have a wee bit to learn lol. really look forward to more racing with you guys.

Michael

welcome Michael  Smile

I started racing like two months ago, and I have to learn a lot too ;-)
The fuel thing happened to me too. If you do a few laps during practice/training sessions, watch your dashboard. There you can read the amount of fuel per lap. A 60 mins. race is mostly somewhere between 30 and 35 laps and you can compute the needed fuel.
I use an app called RacerData which shows you, among other stuff, the fuel range (laps or mins.) with the current fuel load. 

And I highly cecomment (if you don't own already)  CrewChief  Smile
(06-11-2018, 10:33 PM)Manni Struck Wrote:  
(06-11-2018, 09:50 PM)Michael Fitzpatrick Wrote:  Hi guys,

Michael

welcome Michael  Smile

I started racing like two months ago, and I have to learn a lot too ;-)
The fuel thing happened to me too. If you do a few laps during practice/training sessions, watch your dashboard. There you can read the amount of fuel per lap. A 60 mins. race is mostly somewhere between 30 and 35 laps and you can compute the needed fuel.
I use an app called RacerData which shows you, among other stuff, the fuel range (laps or mins.) with the current fuel load. 

And I highly cecomment (if you don't own already)  CrewChief  Smile
Manni,

thanks for your advice, i will look at these apps today and have a play.
Welcome Michael, always nice to see a fellow Brit joining Smile
(06-12-2018, 09:57 AM)Will Dawson Wrote:  Welcome Michael, always nice to see a fellow Brit joining Smile

Cheers will,

not new to sim racing, but kind of starting again after selling my wheel setup. Im on a controller for now, but looking to purchase a new wheel in the future. 

See you on the track pal.