Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleport to pit mid race allowed?
Since the rules on SRS are very very basic they do not clarify many things that happen in racing and online racing.
Such as what is the regulations stance on teleporting to pits mid race to refuel or do other pitstop work? Meaning car stops out of pits somewhere on track, side of road, teleports to pits mid race to perform operations in pits and leaves pits to finish race, this is often faster than driving into pit! Normally this is not allowed in serious racing, only teleporting to pits during qualification may be sometimes allowed but even that often is not for organized leagues. Teleporting during race often means, game over, retired. Does not seem to be so on SRS right now...
I think you get one lap down for towing back to the pit + a time penalty (30sec or so). I ve had the case, i was rammed off track so far on Brands Hatch's T3, i got teleported into the pit, also one lap down and penalties. It happens regularly on VIR as well.
Also I need to clarify it is for Assetto Corsa, there are no penalties in AC for this, no lap lost or time penalty to stay in pit before being able to leave such as forced 30-60s stop penalty. You teleport right after start/finish line to pits and click go again, very fast pitstop... with a completely new car. I have not tried it myself so I do not know if there is anything set on SRS servers but it seems not from watching replay and seeing others do it. I would like to know if this unrealistic behavior is allowed in race session and if yes what is the penalty for it if any, such as locked to stay in pit for 30 or 60s or something along those lines.
(06-11-2018, 05:35 PM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  Also I need to clarify it is for Assetto Corsa, there are no penalties in AC for this, no lap lost or time penalty to stay in pit before being able to leave such as forced 30-60s stop penalty. You teleport right after start/finish line to pits and click go again, very fast pitstop... with a completely new car. I have not tried it myself so I do not know if there is anything set on SRS servers but it seems not from watching replay and seeing others do it. I would like to know if this unrealistic behavior is allowed in race session and if yes what is the penalty for it if any, such as locked to stay in pit for 30 or 60s or something along those lines.

Look how i loose 1m10s in this race on Brands Hatch after a punt sends me off limits and the game teleports me to the pit. It would have been the same if i had hit the teleport myself. At some point the ACTV shows im 14 laps down but i guess it's a bug. Pit entry + 100l refuel + tyre swap is about 40s (you even have time to repair). Im pretty certain there was a time penalty on top of that, but i don't remember exactly how much (more than 30s for sure)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoz5OxfKko0&t=2557s

The fun begins at 41m45s in youtube time, i get out of the pit last.
Pretty sure it is as James says above... it puts you a lap down and I think the controls frozen penalty is 60 seconds, not 30. I had to disconnect to fix a controller issue one time and while I was able to rejoin, it put me in the pits and froze my controls. I'm assuming the same would happen if you just teleported to pits, but have not tested it.

There isn't really a culture of trying to game the system in SRS races I've been a part of, so if there is no penalty, you probably still won't have to worry about people trying these types of shenanigans. And if you do see them, it's back to the old "file a protest" answer.

I will agree that the the rules for SRS are pretty sparse, but at the same time I don't think they need to read like stereo instructions either.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
If you are, for example, half way through lap 14 and you pull over and teleport back to pits your controls get locked for 60s (much longer than tire change and refuling times) and when you come out of the pits you are restarting lap 14. In 99% of situations teleporting will lose you more time than doing a normal pitstop. The 1% where it can be considered cheating is if your car gets so badly damaged just before the start/finish line that the repairs will take longer than 60s, then you could just crawl over the start/finish line to move the lap counter forward and teleport, saving you time... Of course the chance of this happening perfectly is so small that it's not even worth worrying about.
(06-11-2018, 09:35 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  If you are, for example, half way through lap 14 and you pull over and teleport back to pits your controls get locked for 60s (much longer than tire change and refuling times) and when you come out of the pits you are restarting lap 14. In 99% of situations teleporting will lose you more time than doing a normal pitstop. The 1% where it can be considered cheating is if your car gets so badly damaged just before the start/finish line that the repairs will take longer than 60s, then you could just crawl over the start/finish line to move the lap counter forward and teleport, saving you time... Of course the chance of this happening perfectly is so small that it's not even worth worrying about.

Well, right now there is DTM90s Monza but so far I don't see people doing 11 laps in 20min race where as for me it's a given and as such people get "surprised" that the race is 1 lap longer than they expected. As such some run out of fuel, while I don't feel the need to protest anyone I think such situations should be in the basic SRS rules explained and locked out in the game itself to not be able to leave pits after teleporting in race.
What happens is that people finish lap 10 = cross the start/finish line, stop immediately right beside the pits but they did not go to pits they are on track. Teleport to pits, I suppose wait some time due to built in wait timer, that is nice, at least something, and then continue their race with a completely new car (no damage, new tyres, more fuel).
Of course some are not that fortunate or smart and ran out of fuel before finishing lap 10 teleporting from last corner = did not finish 10th lap and by teleporting will have to drive the whole 10th lap again, as you mentioned this is the case if you teleport too far in a lap.

This also leaves big crashes and out of bounds to be able to "restart" their race when normally they would be retired and DNF. So this rule does have an impact on more than "refueling/pitstops" and overall adds more realism.
(06-12-2018, 07:35 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  
(06-11-2018, 09:35 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  If you are, for example, half way through lap 14 and you pull over and teleport back to pits your controls get locked for 60s (much longer than tire change and refuling times) and when you come out of the pits you are restarting lap 14. In 99% of situations teleporting will lose you more time than doing a normal pitstop. The 1% where it can be considered cheating is if your car gets so badly damaged just before the start/finish line that the repairs will take longer than 60s, then you could just crawl over the start/finish line to move the lap counter forward and teleport, saving you time... Of course the chance of this happening perfectly is so small that it's not even worth worrying about.

Well, right now there is DTM90s Monza but so far I don't see people doing 11 laps in 20min race where as for me it's a given and as such people get "surprised" that the race is 1 lap longer than they expected. As such some run out of fuel, while I don't feel the need to protest anyone I think such situations should be in the basic SRS rules explained and locked out in the game itself to not be able to leave pits after teleporting in race.
What happens is that people finish lap 10 = cross the start/finish line, stop immediately right beside the pits but they did not go to pits they are on track. Teleport to pits, I suppose wait some time due to built in wait timer, that is nice, at least something, and then continue their race with a completely new car (no damage, new tyres, more fuel).
Of course some are not that fortunate or smart and ran out of fuel before finishing lap 10 teleporting from last corner = did not finish 10th lap and by teleporting will have to drive the whole 10th lap again, as you mentioned this is the case if you teleport too far in a lap.

This also leaves big crashes and out of bounds to be able to "restart" their race when normally they would be retired and DNF. So this rule does have an impact on more than "refueling/pitstops" and overall adds more realism.
I have saw this happening today, didnt quite understand what was happening at the time.
Makes sense now! Confused