Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My experience: from sim to real racing
Hi everyone,

I would like to share my driving experience of Formula Renault 2.0. I’m just amateur as most of us here (don’t even have a road car J ). All my skills are based on go-karting and sim-racing (mostly formula cars in Assetto Corsa). Let me know if you want to know anything about FR 2.0 experience, I’ll try to answers as much as I can.

on-board video from my lap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEFLxTdzSEo

[Image: 5tm71YW.jpg]
Nice looks very fun. But if i may ask how much does a test day like that cost and how much track time do you get for that, are there any requirements like needing to own a racing licence or bring saftey equipment ? thanks
(06-11-2018, 04:48 PM)Nick Bauer Wrote:  Nice looks very fun. But if  i may ask how much does a test day like that cost and how much track time do you get for that, are there any requirements like needing to own a racing licence or bring saftey equipment ?  thanks
I did a lot of research for companies who does provide such an experience. As an example you can find prices here: https://www.lrs-formula.com/. It is one of the best for money/service
(06-11-2018, 06:55 PM)Vyacheslav Potapenko Wrote:  
(06-11-2018, 04:48 PM)Nick Bauer Wrote:  Nice looks very fun. But if  i may ask how much does a test day like that cost and how much track time do you get for that, are there any requirements like needing to own a racing licence or bring saftey equipment ?  thanks
I did a lot of research for companies who does provide such an experience. As an example you can find prices here: https://www.lrs-formula.com/. It is one of the best for money/service

thanks a lot
Yowza, 230 euros for two (2) laps in a Ferrari 458 in Dijon, that's too steep for me. But it does look fun, thanks for the video.

Did you train on AC before going there ? If so, did you feel AC misses something major in the behaviour of the car ?
Thanks for the link! I had no idea it was possible to drive an F1 car as a common civilian, well I guess you need to have more $ than a common citizen but.... I wish that $ was my only problem though, it turns out I'm too tall for an F1 car Sad
All my training on AC is for not, lol.

Pretty cool onboard footage you got there Vyacheslav Potapenko. How did you find the G forces? Were you tired out or could you do more laps? It looked like your head was getting tossed around a bit in some of the high g corners.
(06-11-2018, 07:46 PM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  Yowza, 230 euros for two (2) laps in a Ferrari 458 in Dijon, that's too steep for me. But it does look fun, thanks for the video.

Did you train on AC before going there ? If so, did you feel AC misses something major in the behaviour of the car ?

I did just to learn the track. So I watched videos on youtube for braking points and drive AC for learning layout. You can't really compare sim and real because in sim you don't have g-force, the main feeling in real car for balance/grip/etc..

(06-11-2018, 08:05 PM)Jason Jones Wrote:  Thanks for the link!  I had no idea it was possible to drive an F1 car as a common civilian, well I guess you need to have more $ than a common citizen but....   I wish that $ was my only problem though, it turns out I'm too tall for an F1 car Sad  

Pretty cool onboard footage you got there Vyacheslav Potapenko.  How did you find the G forces?  Were you tired out or could you do more laps?   It looked like your head was getting tossed around a bit in some of the high g corners.

from other Gopro camera with GPS/sensors I extracted speed, g-force etc. I did that day 4 sessions 25 min each. I think I was able to do some more - it is not as intense as go-karting.
(06-11-2018, 08:05 PM)Jason Jones Wrote:  Thanks for the link!  I had no idea it was possible to drive an F1 car as a common civilian, well I guess you need to have more $ than a common citizen but....   I wish that $ was my only problem though, it turns out I'm too tall for an F1 car Sad  

You can easily do F1 especially in south of France at Paul Ricard or Var. It's expensive but the F3/F2 can be fun too, and easier to fit (i have the same problem than you for single seaters)