Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AC more European tracks
My favorite thing about AC is the sheer number of tracks thanks to the almighty modding community. I was wondering if there was any interest in using more less known tracks from eastern Europe though. Bikernieke has quickly become one of my favorite tracks and I think it makes for great racing. But there is also Grobnik, Ahvenisto, and Tor Poznan, just to name a few. I think it'd be neat to use some of these tracks during the next line of series.
Hi, as I was told on a post mods on SRS should be official. Altought from my point of view always is great to try new tracks.
Cheers
If in doubt, flat out - Colin McRae
(06-05-2018, 10:19 PM)Jaume Ramos Wrote:  Hi, as I was told on a post mods on SRS should be official. Altought from my point of view always is great to try new tracks.
Cheers

Sorry Jaume, I don't understand what you mean. Official? All these tracks can be found on racedepartment.
Hi Alex,
In this post I made a week ago they explained it to me: http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=3354
Official or legal mods mean that the content of the mod is made with autorizathion.
If they are in RaceDepartment they should be legal Smile
Cheers
If in doubt, flat out - Colin McRae
(06-06-2018, 11:09 AM)Jaume Ramos Wrote:  Hi Alex,
In this post I made a week  ago they explained it to me: http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=3354
Official or legal mods mean that the content of the mod is made with autorizathion.
If they are in RaceDepartment they  should be legal Smile
Cheers

They're all on racedepartment, you should check them out if you haven't already! Bikernieke is such a gem and a ton of fun. High Speed Ring is my layout of choice
Yes I would love to see Bikernieke and Tor Poznan, both really nice tracks to race on.

I would hesitate to say that just because something is in Racedepartment that it is made with authorization, I think you have misunderstood.
Are you really telling me that all the modders who put up tracks there got authorization from the track licence holders before they made the track, no of course they didn't. The thing really is that it is made from scratch and not illegally exported from another game. That is the acid test as far as I am aware.
All I know is that more variety in tracks would be very welcome...
SRS is incredibly strict with only using originally created content.

When there's a track that's based on a track originally made for rFactor the creators need the explicit permission of the original creators, for example. Even when the new track looks completely different.

That rules out a lot of mods because most of them use some minor assets of other mods.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020