Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DTM 90's Alfa 155 Baseline Setup
Free baseline setup released to Alfa Romeo 155 DTM 90's. Easy handling and fast. 
DOWNLOAD
Thanks. I am slower in the Alfa than the BMW at every track, so maybe this will help me.
(06-01-2018, 06:53 PM)Mike Waltz Wrote:  Thanks.  I am slower in the Alfa than the BMW at every track, so maybe this will help me.

I tested BMW and Mercedes and in almost all tracks Alfa was faster...Also, SRS fastest drivers are using Alfa too...
I like your setup a lot. Braking is easy and the low-speed handling is great. I took the rear wing away to improve high speed balance.
Ty i can't drive fast this car with default setup on laguna seca.
Who made the baseline Alfa setup?

Soft tyres, no, 23psi too high for most day time sessions.
Wing 2/4... no, how many times have I said it by now... 3/0 wings on DTMs almost always on all of them.
Insane front camber, the tyres will slip more on braking and wear out even faster, there is no need for crazy cambers on DTMs, sure it can help the Alfa to steer but you lose overall with high camber.
Rear diff setup as if it's a Porsche, hell I wouldn't even use that on a Porsche, understeer fest.
Brake power 95%... no, 100% is the way to go and use pedals to adjust. It's what makes Alfa fast, great braking. 60% front bias is insane for such a front heavy car, most cars are around 70-75% ideal bias unless it's a rear heavy car then it can get to 60%.
Stiff understeery dampers on front.
Wrong engine limiter, limited power.
Too soft rear ARB for most tracks.
Understeery spings with understeery rake.

Seems this drivingacademy setup was made for understeering.

With Alfa you kind of have to change the setup a bit for each track, weather, tyres combination so that you get the right amount of on power steering while having minimal coast understeer but that one is near impossible to get rid of because the AWD is all time active and kills yaw.
(07-29-2018, 10:26 PM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  Who made the baseline Alfa setup?

Soft tyres, no, 23psi too high for most day time sessions.
Wing 2/4... no, how many times have I said it by now... 3/0 wings on DTMs almost always on all of them.
Insane front camber, the tyres will slip more on braking and wear out even faster, there is no need for crazy cambers on DTMs, sure it can help the Alfa to steer but you lose overall with high camber.
Rear diff setup as if it's a Porsche, hell I wouldn't even use that on a Porsche, understeer fest.
Brake power 95%... no, 100% is the way to go and use pedals to adjust. It's what makes Alfa fast, great braking. 60% front bias is insane for such a front heavy car, most cars are around 70-75% ideal bias unless it's a rear heavy car then it can get to 60%.
Stiff understeery dampers on front.
Wrong engine limiter, limited power.
Too soft rear ARB for most tracks.
Understeery spings with understeery rake.

Seems this drivingacademy setup was made for understeering.

With Alfa you kind of have to change the setup a bit for each track, weather, tyres combination so that you get the right amount of on power steering while having minimal coast understeer but that one is near impossible to get rid of because the AWD is all time active and kills yaw.

I did it. As I said, it's a baseline setup. You can go track and test against default setup and certainly you'll be faster. For sure i'll test your tips and try upgrade this setup quality. Ty
Let me resurrect this old thread by sharing my (work in progress) setup for Alfa 155.

.txt   kinay_alfa155DTM.txt (Size: 1.11 KB / Downloads: 101)

The car handles pretty well and the setup is forgiving . If you can deal with some instability, it could potentially be faster with a zero rear wing, lower diff coast and higher brake pressure. If you don't mind the extra tire wear and higher temperatures, you can increase the negative camber of both front and rear...

For some reason, an .ini file couldn't be added as an attachment so I saved it as a .txt. You should either rename the file change change the extension to .ini or copy the content of the .txt file into an existing .ini file available under setup folder of ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6.