Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lag lag lag - festival
Shocked 
Hi,
Is there a limit for pings on the servers? There should be in my opinion.
All players with ping greater than e.g. 100ms should be kicked

Today situation resulting in a incident (not just this one - player was bouncing like that all the time)
Race Incidents Discussion is forbidden.

You can use the protest form.
Actualy i was trying to discuss the lag problem, not the incident.
The vid shows only the scale of the problem. There is no reason to delete that, sir.

Yeah, that's a problem, the other day on a GT3 race on Barcelona, there was a big accident in the first turn because of on the drivers was blinking
The difficulty is that high ping doesn't necessarily mean that those people lag around. It only becomes a problem when the ping keeps changing all the time.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
the lag problems is too caused when your PC isn fast enought and CPU is saturated, then you start lagging too
(05-23-2018, 03:06 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  the lag problems is too caused when your PC isn fast enought and CPU is saturated, then you start lagging too
Not mine Smile
You see that the other car is driving perfectly smooth. Lags are not caused by low fps in general.
The solution is move to Automobilista, a real simulator.
---

Automobilista Porsche Cup Champion (x2) Cool  

Automobilista Lancer RS Cup Champion Sleepy

Automobilista Mini Challenge Champion
I've seen this before, many many times... Car running through walls, then bounce back on track, then behind me, then in front of me. I didn't dare made a post because worst ping was mine at 180, sometimes 200+... Could it be that I also appear to bounce around like I see them? Yeah probably. Call me guilty, but what and where's my fault if I am far away from the servers? I don't have this issue in Raceroom and iRacing with the same pings.
High ping isn't what causes this. I've seen people with 200 ping driving around just fine. Their car will appear to slightly speed up and slow down a bit while drafting and you want to leave them a little extra room just to be safe but otherwise it's fine.

Unstable ping is the problem (Ping that jumps around a lot between 100-200 for example)