Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge
I like Drs but only really in zones. A whole track is a bit much imo. But it is what it is.

i tried drs through 130r. Didn't end well!

My setup if it is of any help to anybody.

.zip   srsf138.zip (Size: 629 bytes / Downloads: 1)
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
So i got caught out by the bumps and spoon Sad Sorry to Will. I locked up the wheels to stop the spin but wasn't quite straight when i let off the brake.

Next race i'm going to work on consistency (drive at 95% not 100%). This is two races now where i have thrown it away. Got upto 7th and then slowly backwards because of over driving.
Well that race was a mixed bag and a rollercoaster of emotions for me... Straight off the starting grid the guy in front of me spun and redlined my front wing leading to grip issues in sector 1. This also meant I was slower into T1 than I'd like and got bumped there a few times throughout the race. Then Michael had a spin just after the spoon and in the cloud of smoke I couldn't see where exactly he was so gambled on going left, I lost that gamble and got suspension damage. Was being chased down by Michal Janak for a while at the end and if it wasn't for having what seemed like better straight line speed/KERS management, he'd have caught me.

Was lucky to get a top 10 finish with everything that went wrong, however... I still had a ton of fun so thanks to everyone who showed up Big Grin
(05-18-2018, 08:01 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  Well that race was a mixed bag and a rollercoaster of emotions for me... Straight off the starting grid the guy in front of me spun and redlined my front wing leading to grip issues in sector 1. This also meant I was slower into T1 than I'd like and got bumped there a few times throughout the race. Then Michael had a spin just after the spoon and in the cloud of smoke I couldn't see where exactly he was so gambled on going left, I lost that gamble and got suspension damage. Was being chased down by Michal Janak for a while at the end and if it wasn't for having what seemed like better straight line speed/KERS management, he'd have caught me.

Was lucky to get a top 10 finish with everything that went wrong, however... I still had a ton of fun so thanks to everyone who showed up Big Grin

1st time with that car (and track).  No spins, no hits!  This old man had fun, thanks .
What a busy night, I personally had a bad night with the setup, costing me a good second per lap - serves me right for not practicing more! Congrats to everyone tonight though, the replay looked pretty clean so glad the quality of driving is high.
The top 5 moments of the race will be with you tomorrow (look at me being organised Tongue .)

Next week we swap the land of the rising sun for the land of ever sun in sunny Barcelona, looking forward to seeing the next round of this championship developing.
And as promised - RD2 top 5 moments!!

Thanks again Josh, loving these highlight reels!  Spoon really does create some action!
Looking forward to Barcelona Smile
Another great highlights reel Josh.
First part of Spoon was really kind to me. Pulled that move off 3 times Smile  It's that bump on the exit which is the bugger. Survived a few times but caught me out in the end. Again sorry to Will. I don't have smoke effects on as graphics card can't handle them. Sounds like another Grosjean moment Sad
I think i had the highest down force setup. Made up loads of time in sector 1 but was a sitting duck on the straights without a tow.

My ups and downs

Great driving everybody. Your making this a great championship.

Hopefully Barcelona will be a bit more forgiving and i can make top 10.

ETA: If you want to get rip of the blue wheels on your skins delete the rim files from your skin folder. It'll then use the default wheels.
no problem with blue rims Smile))))
It's great to see these highlight reels, especially now that a few of us have custom skins to combat the sea of red Smile

Don't worry about it Michael, unfortunate mistakes happen to all of us. I hope to see you finishing top 10 at Barcelona... Just not in front of me hehe.

Are those blue rims yours Michal? They look good Tongue